Subaru to Split WRX/STi from Impreza and create new Platform

Mark

Found this on Jalopnik, figured I'd link to the original article. Very cool news, no more economy car interior in a nearly $50k sports car. It should allow further development of the performance aspects of the car. It will be interesting to see what parts do and do not interchange.

Subaru Separates Performance Models from Impreza

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
kind of a nothing-burger press release, no info of importance as to spec, features, or timeline for intro of new cars.

any other Subie rumours out there?

COSTIGAN86

So the next gen WRX will cost as much as a current STi, and the STi will be ~$50k. that's what I get out of this.

Mighty Subie

I look forward to seeing them and seeing what they can do with them being ''real sports cars'' instead of just an impreza with bolt on goodies and forced induction.

It definitely opens is up for the impreza also to become more because they don't need to try to keep it neutral between the power models and the fuel saver cheap one. I would love to get one that gets 36mpg. That's what I am getting in the POS little saturn SL1 that I have been driving around in while working on my wrx.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
kind of a nothing-burger press release, no info of importance as to spec, features, or timeline for intro of new cars.

any other Subie rumours out there?
I heard that ford was going to buy subaru and citroen up then liquidate them in order to be more competitive in rally circuits.

default_additional_ttiwwp.gif

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I want a 2013 vw polo wrc. wonder is subie is gonna go back into wrc? (not just production class) is a possible split from impreza model a precursor?

Mark

This is good news if you're a fan of advancements in the performance sector. Is it going to make it easier to land one of these in your driveway? No. Is it a sign that enthusiast following can provide enough demand for a true performance line? Yes. I'll score is as a win.

Part of me thinks this would be cool only because I really liked the Prodrive P2 concept vehicle and I figure its a shoe in for this next gen subi sti. But.... This would definatly make the WRX and STI even more expensive. Subi needs to leave the fancy interiors to other makes. Part of what makes these cars so great is there utility and bang for the buck.

Latest posts

Back