sube in the rain

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I have been a truckdrivers helper working for next to nothing (it is my dad), and he knows not to demand too much anyway...

I have no choice but to look at cars, trucks, and the sky and ground as a passenger.

today a freak rain squall, a subaru wagon in front of us. the same spew of perfect rooster climbing out symmetrically from the back end, my old one is nearly skybound rain with no skirtings, trying to give it back to god apparently..chopped short by a hard square roof and 64 inch rack...I love it.
default_smile.png

anyway, something I never saw a subaru do, as the rains built up to rut filled I-95... it wiggled, and startled the driver enough to slow down...then a dogdge caravan of all machines went right on by, no problems. this is the years of wagons that are awd all the time. I am not impressed.
default_tongue.png

Am I the only one that stopped with the genius of 1987?

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

The best driver in an amazing car can have it come undone in the rain if the tires are junk. The general motoring public are too numb to replace tires until they fail for a sticker

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
boxer, you'd already slowed down unconsciously since u saw the wag ahead wiggle...otherwise you might have had a 'moment' your own self/

+3 about tires > age of car. many cars on the road today are equipped with fat OEM tires to look sexy. too bad that when the tread is bad fat tires like to sashay all over the road in puddles.

we know you're a fan of older Scoobs. please quit slagging newer ones every chance you get. we get it!

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

+1 to that. Don't get me wrong, I think your loyale is cool, but please stop bashing the newer scoobs, especially since 99 percent of the forum is based around them

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
When I had studded tires on my legacy last winter I could cruise full speed through snow and rain with nary a waggle from the rear end. Owning both an EJ and an EA subaru I can see where both excel, and where each lag a little. Offroad and in very limited traction situations the locking center with low range is awesome. But for normal driving around I actually prefer the AWD. It gives superior handling in corners and momentary unexpected loss of traction. In my legacy I can punch the gas around a corner and hold it together pretty well, not so much with only FWD.

You never owned an EJ car, stop talking POOPY about them.

Latest posts

Back