summer ideas for mods..

STI KID

hey everyone. gonna be gettin my car back this week finally. and with spring right around the corner...in 6months...lol..im going to be doin some major upgrades..im goin to have about 4k for some mods..by the time school finishes up in may..and just wanted to get some ideas/input from other people and see if theres any better ones out there.A tune, Cobb Ap and edm's are #1,2,3 on the list...but not really sure where to go from there...my suspension/wheels/tires are taken care of for a while and ive got a good amount of hp as is.. i want the 6sp..but i also want to get some block work done, nothing tooo redic...but then im kind of nervous about the tranny going kerplunk eventhough the tranny in my car is upgraded over stock but ya....so i dunno just asking for ideas/suggestions from my fellow MS'ers compared to the tools over at nasioc...
default_tongue.png
Thanks Guys

STI KID

Exterior:

OEM Painted sideskirts

STi 04 taillight conversion

JDM STi hood scoop

Bosch ICON wiper blades

3-way adjustable Sunroof

Interior:

CF Trim full front and rear kit

Legacy GT shift knob

OEM boost gauge

Infinity door speakers

Full dynamatted trunk, wheelwells and front doors for exhaust drone and speaker rattles.

Wheels/Tires:

18x8.5 +45 SSR SP1 Professors

Hankook Ventus S1 EVO's (225/40/18), 5mm spacers for the rear, no rubbing - rolled fenders

Suspension:

RSR Down Sus Ti2000 springs

KYB AGX adjustable struts

Cusco front and rear sway bars, Perrin endlinks

Whiteline steering rack, rear differntial, Diff carrier, shifter linkage, pivot linkage bushings

Front and rear adjustable Whiteline camber kits

Perfectly corner weighted Prodrive spec'd alignment

Brakes:

STi "Limited" Brembo front calipers, Hawk HPS pads, Brembo rotors, stainless lines

Subaru "H6" rear brake upgrade, OEM pads and rotors, stainless lines

Engine/Drivetrain:

Cryo-treated Rallispec STi RA gearbox built by XX Tuning, ACT street clutch and new '03 TSB flywheel

2004 Rear differential replaced due to light whining from factory unit

Redline Heavy Shockproof fluid in gearbox/diff

PnP VF34

JDM STi pink injectors

3" B&B wrapped divorced catted downpipe (with cat in correct lower positon)

3" GReddy EVO 2 cat-back exhaust

Walbro 255 fuel pump

JDM STi uppipe

PnP and coated exhaust manifolds

STi TMIC

WRX Hood Scoop Splitter

Hallman MBC

Injen CAI

Custom ICS tune

Launch control 5250 rpm

Last edited by a moderator:

STI KID

eh never really though about it how much does is cost/what results will i get. any other things that i should/could do while they have the block open if i did do this? if i build up the block to be "stronger" will it blow the tranny..?. im not a lead foot or an idiot. but i do like to enjoy my car.
default_tongue.png
.... and also plan on moving back to san diego at the end of summer and never leaving and keeping my car for as long as humanly possible.
default_smile.png
so all mods are good ideas.

STI KID

just read up on those tgv delets on nasioc...and i dont really wanna deal with that much hassel with the cel lights and what not. just kinda wanna do something and not have it be too much of a pain with the cels. i just saw a nice stealth fmic for about 1,400 through perrin...thoughts?

Nate

Founding Father
External Wastegate, better boost control setup, Better intercooler (bigger top mount would be fine for that turbo), and a new protune.

Note: I love spending other peoples money!

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Gentle suggestion: quit dumping $$$ into car mods, spend some on yourself so you's can drive better.

Learn why your car is understeering or oversteering, learn how to turn car with brakes instead of steering wheel, discover how trail braking differs from left-foot braking. If you don't have a good handle on these techniques, much of that $$$ you are spending is just going to waste 'cuz YOU can't keep up with what the car can do.

...why not start at the Winter driving school at Team O'Neil with MS, jan 31

Kristof

Banned
Gentle suggestion: quit dumping $$$ into car mods, spend some on yourself so you's can drive better.
Learn why your car is understeering or oversteering, learn how to turn car with brakes instead of steering wheel, discover how trail braking differs from left-foot braking. If you don't have a good handle on these techniques, much of that $$$ you are spending is just going to waste 'cuz YOU can't keep up with what the car can do.

...why not start at the Winter driving school at Team O'Neil with MS, jan 31
shamless plug!!!!!

Latest posts

Back