Sunroof Stuck Open

STI KID

My sunroof is stuck open have a webasco sunroof. Need to get it fixed tomorrow Eg is full on appointments. Anyome out there know a good sunroof place around windham/portland or within a short drive. Anyone please help.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Not exactly "helpful"
forgot to mention the duct tape!
default_wink.png

can you hook the leading edge of the sliding part and "help" it get closed back up, or is the motor pooched....you DID check the fuse for sunroof din'tcha?

Carter

Administrator
forgot to mention the duct tape!
default_wink.png

can you hook the leading edge of the sliding part and "help" it get closed back up, or is the motor pooched....you DID check the fuse for sunroof din'tcha?
Yeah, is the motor locked up or is the glass stuck on something?

STI KID

Sunroof wont let me close it. The motor is,still working and the sunroof is,moving about n 1/8th an inch back n ward. But it seems to me that there is something on the track/ or its off track or needs to be regreased. Its making a click click sound when its "on" but the roof is,going about 1/8in forwards n backwards...

Cant slide it past the point where its clicking. And I.cant see in side to see if its stuck on something

STI KID

Tried..didnt work..care to much to keep tryin toforce it n break it. Its my dd and its supposed to rain all week. So can someone point me in the direction of a sunroof repair shop/somewhere that is capable of fixing it .

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
get your appointment with evergreen and in the meantime, do what nigel suggested, use a tarp and tape. that or use google.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
find someone who can weld and take some sheet metal and weld it over the opening, problem solved.

Carter

Administrator
Portland Custom Truck and Auto. 336 Warren Ave Portland, ME 04103 (207) 797-3159

Try that.

Bangor is the next option...

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
When mine got stuck open it was the same thing, it started jamming up about 1/8". I forced it, and it closed. Still wouldn't seal properly though.

Upon it's autopsy I discovered that the cable had stripped out where the sunroof grabs onto it. This messed up the alignment of everything and caused it to jam.

It's a pain in the rear to get the sunroof out, I discovered. It would be a lot easier on a wagon to just slide it out the gate, but getting the headliner and sunroof assy out of the back door of a sedan sucks.

It's not a very hard job though, attention to detail, and you'll be able to get a new one in there.

Latest posts

Back