Suspension 101

ralli

Very interesting.... its too bad our subarus have horrible camber curve and all we can is items to attempt to not lose camber while cornering with body roll. Obviously the best thing for that is a big front sway bar. In the subarus they make a huge difference. It would be very cool to test to see how much camber loss before and after the sway bar addition. Anywho, that is a ton of caster, i've heard the negative effect of tons of caster is its harder to turn ther wheel, does this seem to be true in your case?

The anti-lift kit that they make for the subaru unfortunately would toss folks into the Prepared catagory.

On something that is legal for SM however, ball-joint relocation, they now have a great, affordable kit for that to improve suspenstion geometery on the lowered wrx/sti. Chris, have you done anything like that with yellow thunder.

EDIT: Chris, I think this should more appropriately be labeled Suspension 423, haha this is way beyond basics of suspension lol.

saabman

Well I called it 201 on the CMC board (cuz I had done 100 and 101 last year)

Yes, lots of postive caster makes it harder to steer. As does a 2.6 turn lock to lock steering rack, and a 14 inch wheel, and an LSD..... I eat lots of Wheaties!!

Because of all the extra "stuff" and the stiff spring, it is quite an ordeal to add shims. Then to measure, it has to go pretty much all back together. But it will be worth it in the end if the left side tire wears well.

Chris

Jamey

Man I can't wait to put my air ride in
default_smile.png
cool vid

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Great info even if it is 5 years old. Everyone should have a basic understanding about how this all works.

Latest posts

Back