SVX 3.3L in a '97 outback. (possibilities?)

Hey everyone, been a while (couple years I think).

I also haven't had a subaru in those couple years. But I'm always thinking about what my next one could be.

Anyway, I think I want something along the lines of a 97 outback 5spd. And I want to put a 97 SVX 3.3L inside.

That way I can pull my race trailer and have plenty of room for all my gear and what not. Besides it would be a blast to drive.

I have two big questions about the transplant. 1st, Will the outback have enough room under the hood to fit the longer 3.3L? 2nd, is wiring. Am I lucky enough where the ECU from the SVX would plug right in to the outback (along with the engines wiring harness)?

See, my original plan was to get a '03(ish) outback 5spd and take the engine and ECU from a '03(ish) l.l. bean edition so that I could have the 3.0L mated with a 5spd. But the 97 outback with SVX engine would be much cheaper.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

GClark

I feel like doing a manual swap would be easier then a engine/ecu swap. But it has been done, search "Taiden" on here for video how tos on the swap.

Thanks, will do.

With the outback/SVX option though, I don't want a manual SVX, I want an outback with more power. So the engine swap is my only option.

But with the l.l. Bean edition option, it may be.

Latest posts

Back