Swapped 2001 2.5RS

darksurfer81

I am moving across country next week and may not be able to take my car.  First, this is my baby I have had her for 11 years while I was serving in the Navy and she has been a labor of love and I haven't gotten it to where I wanted it due to how much I was at work. That being said she isn't perfect but with just a bit more work she will be. Second, the price has VERY small wiggle room so any lowballers will be ignored. Third I am not driving to you, you will come here if you want it; no joy rides you had better be ready to buy it. With all that out of the way here are the specs:

Clean title

Pinkslip in hand

Southern Car so no rust

Milage on built heads: 6,780

Milage on built block: 6,780

Milage on Chassis: 134,580

Engine/Management (All work done by Motion Lab Tuning in Charlotte NC with reciept in hand)

• Subaru OEM '11 STi block
  • Subaru OEM '08 STi Nitrided crank shaft
  • ACL race bearings: Connecting rods and Mains w. thrust in pos.#5
  • Manley Performance 2618 Forged Pistons
  • Manley Performance forged H-beam rods
  • VF-39 turbo
  • TXS up pipe
  • PDE down pipe
  • Custom 3" exhaust mated to stock WRX can ( neighbors complained about noise)
  • Subaru OEM Complete gasket kit with thick head gaskets
  • Subaru OEM 11mm high volume oil pump
  • ARP head studs
  • ACT 6-puck clutch w/ ACT streetlite flywheel
  • BC 272/272 WRX cams
  • Manley Performance 60lb seat pressure valve springs
  • 3-angle valve job, chemically clean, surface heads, lash cams
  • Cosworth air pump block off plates
  • Cosworth cam angle sensor bracket
  • Visteon racing radiator
  • TXS short ram intake
  • Cobb Access port (OEM tune)
  • Walboro 255lph fuel pump
  • STi pink injectors
  • TGV deletes
  • CSS large TMIC
Suspension/brakes

• ST height adjustable coilovers
  • STi group N front strut mounts
  • Whiteline KSB751 Diff front support lock kit
  • Whiteline KSB750 subframe lock
  • Eibach rear chamber bolts
  • OEM '05 WRX 4 pot front brakes
  • OEM '01 RS rear brakes
  • Stainless steel brake lines
  • OEM larger rear sway bar
Drivetrain:

• '01 RS 5MT
Wheels/Tires:

• Gramlite rays 225/40/17
  • Falken Azenis
Interior:

• OEM USDM STi front and rear seats
  • OEM USDM Sti carpet
  • Ipod/Aux Sony head unit
Exterior:

• JDM tail lights
  • Clear corner lights
  • Clear blinkers
  • RB5 replica wing
  • Bakemono carbon fiber hood
  • Bakemono S201 hood scoop
  • Covered fogs
  • RS sideskirts
  • Medium tent on windows
  • Paint is 6/10 she looks great when waxed but shes showing her age
The bad, radiator currently has a small leak so it steams when it get to operating temp. (trying to replace before I leave) Turbo just developed a leak at the seals so it would need to be replaced (great time to upgrade) Need another alignment pretty soon.

This sale is AS IS and I leave here in a week. I don't want to sell it so unless the right person and right price comes along, I will just ship her when I get the extra money and leave her with a friend.  I am asking $10,000 with very, very small wiggle room. I transfer 13 February so message me with in the next few days if you are interested. Picture link is at the bottom and on my member picture. Email is better but Ill check for PMs here. [email protected]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2point8photography/8432437995/

Last edited by a moderator:

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Only 10k for this?! I see RSTi's start at 14-15k on RS25, with less done to them you you have! Shit, I bought mine for around that price, and it didn't have nearly the expensive parts you have. She must yank with that vf39 too, GLWS on this nice build. P.S. nice to see someone with an RB5 wing, even if it is a replica.

inski

Wow!  What a sick car.

I remember not too long ago I spent 10k on a stock RS with coilovers.  This is a WAY better deal.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:

darksurfer81

I would have posted for more but I figured with a new turbo and radiator it was a fair price.

@meyagi I love the 5mt it pulls great. If you buy it you can put a six speed in!

Meyagi

I'm a hack
ive got a swapped legacy with a 6mt already.... Im just wondering how long that trans will last as ive blown 2 in my 220whp n/a-t impreza haha

dont get me wrong i like your car but i guess i would have gone about the build a little differently and made the driveline stronger as i made the power output higher.. just my .02

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
ive got a swapped legacy with a 6mt already.... Im just wondering how long that trans will last as ive blown 2 in my 220whp n/a-t impreza haha

dont get me wrong i like your car but i guess i would have gone about the build a little differently and made the driveline stronger as i made the power output higher.. just my .02
I can blow 5 speeds with 110awhp from a stock EJ25. If you want to put the boots to a turbo car with an NA gearbox you have to tread lightly.

Latest posts

Back