The Big Book of Brat

04fxt

thanks Jason! tires are yoko avids that I pulled off a crv, 205/70/15's. they're almost the same diameter as the 235/60's you had on it. right around 26". and they were free, so I can't complain! Maybe in the spring if I have money I can buy what I really want.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Can't beat free!! And I'm sure they have more tread than what was on there!!! Haha

04fxt

So I took some Honda center caps I had at work and tried them in the pug wheels, and they fit, so I free handed a subaru badge on one of them and cleared it and it looks ok, then I stuck it in the wheel and went to take a pic and the camera is totally dead... GRRR!

I'll post pics after the battery charges a bit

04fxt

Ok folks, here's the caps. They started life as honda center caps from pax wheels on an odyssey. We usually throw the pax wheels and center in the trash when we take them off, cuz they are junk, and michelin sucks... so I saved the caps and painted them gold, put painter's tape over them, draw the suby logo on with a sharpie, cut the lines with an exacto knife, peel, paint black, then peel again, then clear coat.

I know they aren't identical, but it's a lot of work to cut one stencil that is only one piece.. so this is actually easier for me. I may redo them later, but for now it's better than a hole in the wheel, or a peugeot center cap
default_frown.gif

DSC00982.jpg

LF

DSC00983.jpg

LR

DSC00985.jpg

comments
default_biggrin.png

IBratmanI

I like them a lot!! Whatever you do, do NOT throw the Pug center caps away!! Those are VERY hard to get and wanted by a lot of people on USMB

04fxt

you should submit your brat pic with the fozzy for the cal
default_frown.gif
haha, thanks Viago.. I think the brat is still too much of an eyesore though, I haven't even washed it :

04fxt

that's a great deal. unfortunately I am virtually broke as far as the brat is concerned. I scored the yoko's for free, so they will probably be on there till I can finish the 6 lug beadlocks.. oops, cat's out of the bag
default_additional_sillylol.gif

04fxt

Worked on the brat tonight for a couple hours. took all the shift linkage out for the transfer/4wd. welded up some new stuff and straightened and fixed some old stuff. heated the tranny shifter and put a couple kinks in it to make room for my 3rd stick, whenever I get around to building that. looks pretty decent and works a hell of a lot better!

and I know... pics or it didn't happen! I will get some pics soon.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
hey. waking a dead thread.. sube still alive?

am building equal length header on an ea82 and am finding reference for sound..

any vids?

IBratmanI

I bought it back remember? I have no videos for the sound, but it definitely has some rumble

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I bought it back remember? I have no videos for the sound, but it definitely has some rumble

some news comes and goes.. can't possibly keep track. my horrible net recycles on top of that...

you were looking for a spare wheel I remember... that places my pc driven memory.

would love to hear this run. I am guessing all the ea81 got these pistons? I never did hear a small one.

beck20arnley_012-4968_3.jpg

the ea82 I am running has the flats with two reliefs.. it also needs a unique piping. Not as common for that one to need it. I'll "pretend" it's special..

I just go ahead with work I guess.. am hoping for one weekend from this upcoming one to have it done.

Latest posts

Back