The FWD coupe.

turbowgn

Some of you will recognize this car, I bought it from another member on here. It's a 1995 Impreza L coupe. The story is I sold my green 99 OBS with the intentions of getting a 2000 RS from a dealership in NH. Won't put their name up here but they suck and I will never deal with them again. So I had already sold my car and needed something else so that I didn't have to keep stealing the wife's car to go to work. Not sure on any plans for the car yet aside from an awd swap. I'm probably going to wind up just using it as a beater car, but I may put some work into the body over time and see how it comes out. It's not a bad little car, I got it to take a sticker so it must be a decent start. 

Has:

2.2 swap

5 speed

fwd (yuck)

97 obs hood and grille

RS rear seat

RS shift knob

Sti struts up front

Needs:

Engine gasket overhaul

All wheel drive

Rust repair

The car with Rick's beater sitting next to it (he calls it his beater yet it's 10x cleaner than my car)

and all by its lonesome self. 

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
FWD is no slouch after beating on one at NEFR Recce last week.

Mikey has all the AWD guts you could probably steal + you'll want a good tap and die kit + paint the rear subframe up so you only have to swap it once.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
spend the money on a limited slip diff rather than a swap.  I have wrenched on a very fast 2.2l FWD rally car.  Definitely nothing to brush off.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
2.2 FWD is a sick combo, lot of potential torque, but I do see the desire for an AWD coupe. After all, I own one...

scoobiesforlife

i recognize that car, i own the car his girlfriend had and was selling a couple years ago. he told me he took the ashtray from mine to put into his, mine may only have a 1.8 in it, with the fwd. but itll get up and go if i need it too...the hardest thing i have is either finding 13 inch tires, or trying to find 14 inch rims and tires that are still in reasonable shape and for a fairly decent price.

btw, very good buy, jealous of the hood...i want one

turbowgn

By any chance the dealership in NH, windham auto sales?
It was called nhcars.net and I'd suggest never dealing with them. They were suppose to mail me my refund of my deposit over a week ago and after 3 phone calls there I finally got a hold of the owner and he was not too impressed with the salesman I had been dealing with. Finally getting my deposit back after it being tied up almost 3 weeks there. 

FWD is no slouch after beating on one at NEFR Recce last week.

Mikey has all the AWD guts you could probably steal + you'll want a good tap and die kit + paint the rear subframe up so you only have to swap it once.
Agreed. I also went and bought a brand new Lincoln Electric mig welder this weekend just incase it's needed.

spend the money on a limited slip diff rather than a swap.  I have wrenched on a very fast 2.2l FWD rally car.  Definitely nothing to brush off.
I want the AWD for winter, not to much for power. There is a guy on youtube with a fwd 1.8 pushing high boost from a vf39 making good power but awd is a must for me. 

2.2 FWD is a sick combo, lot of potential torque, but I do see the desire for an AWD coupe. After all, I own one...
Lol yeah after riding in yours I wanted one of my own. 

i recognize that car, i own the car his girlfriend had and was selling a couple years ago. he told me he took the ashtray from mine to put into his, mine may only have a 1.8 in it, with the fwd. but itll get up and go if i need it too...the hardest thing i have is either finding 13 inch tires, or trying to find 14 inch rims and tires that are still in reasonable shape and for a fairly decent price.

btw, very good buy, jealous of the hood...i want one
The hood can be had pretty cheap from a junk yard on car-part.com and be glad he took the ashtray, its covered in some green moldy stuff that I cant seem to clean off. He gave me a good deal, it runs and drives no problem. When I do the AWD swap I'd like to toss a 2.5 in it too. 

Meyagi

I'm a hack
that car i said id sell you for parts has a 2.5 in it with a hole in the block. add a shortblock and you got a 2.5 with all the other needed parts

turbowgn

that car i said id sell you for parts has a 2.5 in it with a hole in the block. add a shortblock and you got a 2.5 with all the other needed parts
This is true words you speak. I will be in touch with you when I get my paycheck on Friday. I might put a 2.5 short block in and run my 2.2 heads.

i need tires, valve covers and also take care of my rust before i start to do any "ricing" up of the lil imp
Not sure how far you are from Sanford but my wife just bought me a brand new lincoln electric wire feed welder and I'm dying to use it. 

Meyagi

I'm a hack
i think you would be better off using 2.5 heads on a 2.2 block. 2.2 valves and ports are tiny

actually, a combo ive always wanted to try was a 96 2.5 shortblock with 97-99 heads. the heads on the 96 2.5 have huge 54cc chambers, and the 97-99 heads have 46cc chambers. compression ratio should be in the 10.5:1 i think and you would have heads that actually flow.

scoobiesforlife

im aways from sanford, if i were to travel down to sanford it would become a day affair, i live about an hour north of south portland.

Let that FWD drivetrain show you its abilities in the snow for one winter before you say AWD is a must for winter. Buy a decent set of snow tires and I garuntee you will be surprised with where it will go and how well it handles. Only time I ever had trouble in the snow was when I put on my summer tires a week earlier then I should, even then I made it around for the most part. The car is predictable in the snow and tracks very nice. I am keeping mine, and buying a BRZ when I get home. No AWD for me yet.

turbowgn

I got quoted snow tires for 458 but I actually found a 99 outback sport parts car for 400 locally so awd is going to happen lol

turbowgn

Got the parts car. Its actually nicer than my coupe but has no title. Came with 16 inch wrx wheels!
20130823_182817_zpsae0da3ca.jpg

turbowgn

Put in the front seats from the wagon and the front bumper from the wagon. Might out the wrx wheels on tonight after I strip the black paint off them.
20130824_112936_zps776e0350.jpg

20130824_140348_zpsc3f97fbb.jpg

Latest posts

Back