the golden rd.

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
Just got back from the area and blew a strut on a washed out section of Greenville road. It appears your trip went better than mine!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Nice. Now I'm itching to go up even more. Hopefully this fall I can find the time to take a ride up.

cwiggin

Nice vids, submit to Subaru for commercials, that's what makes a Subaru a subaru

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

i cant believe you went down there and with temp plates....i cant say much though, back in the day when i bought my new tacoma my dad took it down there and "broke it in"

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
Ya, I was kind of hoping to run into some traffic just so I could see em roll their eyes at me and shake their heads, but alas we didn't see anyone. Otherwise, we fueled in Monson, and pretty much everywhere, ten cents less than around here.

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
So as it turns out that was 233.77 miles in roughly 8 hours of driving time. So I should be hearing no further whining about its too far! or it'll take to long! Did you buy your subie to have it sit in the driveway? or did ya get it cause it was a fun thing to drive?

IBratmanI

Hell I took my 97 Impreza down there and further back when I had it. Just part of the experience. If I didn't have other stuff I HAD to do every weekend, then I'd totally have gone.

Matt

Nope sorry. Were not like that. Well def give you a hard time but straight up a holes were not.

toddcinpittston

slow hooning
Hhhhgggghh, OK, fine, I had a wise passed comment all thought up, but it's just to early to put forth that much effort to type it all out, prolly be misconstrued anyway with no tone or inflection. Suffice it to say (with a great deal of dry sarcasm) we're all assholes, for something or another, me too. I try not to be, but hey what can I say, I'm an ass sometimes. Lol.

Seriously though, kinda sup prised no ones got any suggestions about roues for the next ride.

IBratmanI

Lol. I have pics on here somewhere of some of the roads I took mine on when I was up there. Mostly old logging roads, and a bunch of dead ends. But they were a lot worse than the golden road! But that's one of the reasons I love going up there.

Latest posts

Back