The Official MS Bike Talk Thread - motors need not apply

inski

Enjoyed the race today. I waved to all racers goin by my road in Casco today. Got the corner worker some water. Some of you need a better fitting bike to better utilize your legs' full potential. I am fully convinced Maine drivers are all retarded. If you're driving by A LOT of PEOPLE on bicycles do NOT drive 70-90 mph. Whatever happened to common sense and consideration?

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Dear bike guys. I have this K2 road bike in the garage that I want to get rid of. It's aluminum and super light, what's it worth. It's effin mint and barely ridden.

Price check anyone?

100_1347.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

ShagginWagon

Enjoyed the race today. I waved to all racers goin by my road in Casco today. Got the corner worker some water. Some of you need a better fitting bike to better utilize your legs' full potential. I am fully convinced Maine drivers are all retarded. If you're driving by A LOT of PEOPLE on bicycles do NOT drive 70-90 mph. Whatever happened to common sense and consideration?
Very cool, Inski! Thanks for the support! Maine drivers are retarded. Even M*******s are better with bikes.

ShagginWagon

Dear bike guys. I have this K2 road bike in the garage that I want to get rid of. It's aluminum and super light, what's it worth. It's effin mint and barely ridden.
Price check anyone?
Just guessing, but probably $500-700. Looks like an aluminum frame, maybe deore components. Nice looking ride. Others?

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Just guessing, but probably $500-700. Looks like an aluminum frame, maybe deore components. Nice looking ride. Others?
SWEET. If any of you bike dudes wanna make an offer on it, go for it. I'm listening. I'll throw an official for sale thread up here eventually, and if no one on here wants it, it'll hit craigs list.

As for the other bikes, my dads has the red one, I also have an old pacific mountain bike with blown front shocks, my sister has a purple one, and my mom has a silver and blue one. I don't know a lot about bikes.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Hey Dan...nice looking bike. Just by looking at it, it seems to be a base model K2 with AL frame and Sora component group with a Truvative triple crank-set. These bikes usually retail for $600-$700 new. If the bike is in good shape like it appears to be (and because you said it was), selling if for around $400 to $500 should get it out the door quick...$500 to $600 might take some time, but I imagine the right buyer will pop up eventually.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
55cm~57cm is what the frame sticker says. Measured center crank to seat tube opening and got between 20.5 and 22.5 (it was dark, measuring at angle above my head, plus I have a goldfish memory. I can measure again if need be.)

mikebike357

I got a new helmet for father's day! woot! I'm stylin' now...

of course, had to go back to the bike shop because it was a rubbin' my noggin the wrong way so ended up exchanging for another helmet... and... ended up buying the kiddo a sweet Specialized 12" Hotrock. Was it worth the fat price tag for a Specialized vs. Huffy? Good question. It's lighter than my neighbor's kids Huffy.
default_wink.png
Now to get those training wheels off...

ShagginWagon

I got a new helmet for father's day! woot! I'm stylin' now...
of course, had to go back to the bike shop because it was a rubbin' my noggin the wrong way so ended up exchanging for another helmet... and... ended up buying the kiddo a sweet Specialized 12" Hotrock. Was it worth the fat price tag for a Specialized vs. Huffy? Good question. It's lighter than my neighbor's kids Huffy.
default_wink.png
Now to get those training wheels off...
Very nice! Bradbury junior series next year?!

Specialized > Huffy in all cases, 24/7, worldwide

smosh

Very nice! Bradbury junior series next year?!
Specialized > Huffy in all cases, 24/7, worldwide
But Huffy = $39.95 at TGT, Specialized = ? at bike shop. 12" bike will only last 1, maybe 2 summers if you stretch it and you don't mind seeing your daughter riding a clown bike.

mikebike357

But the Specialized is the hotness. Bike Shop does 50% back trade in during 1st year... 40% in second... so... We'll be able to upgrade to the 16" Giant next summer if need be.

As for durability... we've already broken two wheels (front and one rear) on the cheapie RadioFlyer trike. Got a Giant trike. It's bomb proof. Yeah, cost 2x as much, but I've already put an extra $25 into the Radio Flyer for the front wheel... need to order a new rear wheel. Or just trash it.

smosh

But the Specialized is the hotness. Bike Shop does 50% back trade in during 1st year... 40% in second... so... We'll be able to upgrade to the 16" Giant next summer if need be.
As for durability... we've already broken two wheels (front and one rear) on the cheapie RadioFlyer trike. Got a Giant trike. It's bomb proof. Yeah, cost 2x as much, but I've already put an extra $25 into the Radio Flyer for the front wheel... need to order a new rear wheel. Or just trash it.
H has a 12" pink Huffy-ish from the Swap Shop, and a 16" LL Bean bike. She seems to prefer the 12 - it's too small for her and she looks pretty funny riding it. Like a little Shriner.

We have a Kettler trike that's lasted through two kids. Even the $25 Big Wheels are holding up ok. And of course, the Razors.

mikebike357

Kettler trikes are bomb proof. We looked around for a used one but could never find one. I was looking at the Kettler swingsets too. I like the idea of powder coated steel...

Hey! Anybody need a new seatpost? I'm trying to sell off my dad's Thomson Elite. 31.6mm x 367mm. Black. $55. It's a really nice post just too fat for my bikes. I love getting hand me down parts.

Imprezah

This thread needs more pics!!

View attachment 3540

This arrived from the UK today!!!! FireEye Shortfuse 380

380mm chainstay (that is really short)

BMX bottom bracket

horizontal dropouts with ASP tensioners

I should have it built by next weekend.

Does anyone ride park/urban in Portland?

Does anyone want to ride to RYE or Highland?

I have been bikeless for 4 years! I used to ride a Giant DH Comp at Sunday River almost every weekend from 2001-2004. I also had an Evil Imperial like the day they came out in 2002. I rode park/DJ/urban on that heavy beast until I sold it in 2006. I am so excited to start riding again.

CIMG2047.jpg

Imprezah

I recently bought RockyMounts tie rods in silver for the OEM Forester rack. They are a universal fit for factory aero bars, they come in colors, they are not too expensive. In my opinion these are a great option if you don't want to spend the money on a whole new rack system. They are also a better fit and half the price of the Subaru bike mounts made by yakima that you can buy at a dealer.

View attachment 3546View attachment 3547

CIMG2056.jpg

CIMG2057.jpg

ShagginWagon

Very cool!

There are some small park-ish sections scattered around. One out by the presumscot river (near hanaford at 26/100) and one off starbird lane near capisic. Neither is all that big, but pretty fun. I'm an XC guy, but always admired the tricks.

Latest posts

Back