The rant thread

rsalomon13

Yeah was doing 34 over. Luckily my brother-in-law got me released on the spot, and my car wasn't impounded but since the trooper had already radioed an arrest, it wasn't something they could just "forget" like they have before with speeding tickets.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Seriously. What happened to being automotive enthusiast. This has been getting on my nerves lately. It's not just here but in a lot of car circles. "You don't drive the brand/model I drive therefore your vehicle is a turd." I'm not into civics or vw's or z cars or old hot rods, does that make them terrible cars that are bad purchases? Of course not. Some guys at autocross run gutted out civics. I have zero interest in the cars and don't really see the appeal, they still throw down awesome runs and sweet times and enjoy what they do. I'm sure some club members don't get me and my dad running a POS blown 5.0 mustang. But what makes it great is that we're all at the same event doing the same course comparing times. We've all put time and money into our cars that are important to us. That's what makes us all car guys.

Different people like different things for different reasons.

My dad thinks the impreza is a good performing shitbox car. That's his opinion, I don't shit my pants and tell him his car interests are terrible and that he should buy an impreza. He's gonna like what he likes. One of my dad's friends autocrosses his evo. I don't run up to him every event and tell him he should have bought an STi instead.

Some people like to build up K-cars. There's a guy on another forum I read who is really into old fiestas. HIS CAR INTEREST IS BAD, HIS PRICE/PERFORMANCE SUCKS, HE SHOULD BUY MY BRAND CAR INSTEAD.

I'm reminded of an episode of Bull Run. Guy rolls his car hot dogging it. Car gets towed to a garage nearby. The people he was competing against could have said "welp sucks for you, we're going to sleep". Instead everyone stuck around and chipped in to help get the car back on the road. That's being a car enthusiast.

The auto world is too divided thanks to this bullshit meat head dick waving mentality.

Rant over.

I'm not too dense and I know we joke around a lot with each other here, but people often spout crap and aren't joking.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I completely hear ya on that one. And it applies to much more than just cars. People can't/won't respect what they don't like. Maybe I don't like the gutted civic, see no reason in doing it because it isn't a subaru, I can still respect the guy and his car because he has spent a good deal of money and time to make it something different. He is out there doing his thing and having fun, and as long as he respects my subaru, that's all that matters.

You don't have to like something to have respect for it. And a lot of people don't get that. Since it is not what they like, it is bad, terrible, waste of time, etc. People should do everything their way. But that would make for a very boring world.

Same applies to religion, politics, boating, sports, etc. People just can't get their head out of their ass and see the good in the other side, or at the very least keep their head up their ass and not go bashing the other side at every possible moment.

There are some things I don't support, I don't like, but do I go bashing them every possible moment? No, not unless I'm specifically asked my opinion. But even then I try to be somewhat polite... Unless of course I'm talking to my friends and we have the same beliefs, then bashing, etc ensues. But that is different.

Apollyon12

It's LOVING people being way too dogmatic. You don't believe what I believe therefore you are wrong and your opionion is worthless. You don't like the stuff I like therefore you deserve to die.

I accept other peoples opinion, and while I may disagree, I won't shit on them for it. I appreciate good work, something that someone did their best at and came out the way they like it.

I can give a few good examples from the motorcycle world. Almost ALL clubs, 1%(Hells Angles, Outlaws) or others, won't allow me to be a member because my bobber is based on a Jap four-banger and not an americal V-twin. This doesn't bother me because I like living on the legal side of the law, but it is still irksome. Example no. 2: If you go to a bike show, or a bike night, what you will see is 98% stock V-twins. Most of these bikes are considered custom because they have a bolt or exhaust or foot pegs. I subscribe to the statement that you can't call your pile of aftermarket chrome a chopper/bobber unless you have irreparably damaged at lease one bike in it's making. That being said, I can still appreciate a nicely put together bike, even if it is a crotch rocket or a rat bike.

At a car show, a Civic with bags is still a civic, but the work that went into modifying it can be appreciated. An eclipse with 18's and nothing else doesn't deserve a second look. But don't walk up to the guy and tell him he's an ass-hat. Everybody walking by already knows that, leave the poor retard in peace. He's happy in his ignorance. This is one reason that I haven't posted any pics of my car yet. I don't have any major modifications that most of us haven't already seen. My car is not a trailer queen, its my daily beater. I would be calling myself a moron if I took it to a car show. Maybe when I do the stuff I have rattling around in my head, but even then only other Subaru people would recognize the stuff and be impressed.

When all the fan-boi's, 4x4 guys, muscle men, and the normal people (like us, except maybe nate) learn to keep our opinions to ourselves, the world will be a much better place. Now lets kiss an make up.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
I lost my great grandfather today and even though I wasn't really close to him it sucks to see what the rest of my family goes through.
Im tired of being stressed out about my god damned job and the LOVING sales quotas.
Sorry about your grandpa Nate
default_additional_iam.gif

topdeeni

Sorry about your grandpa Nate
ditto... if need B jobs can B replaced...family can not... U know what they do when the economy sucks and consumers do not spend $$$$??? Blame the sales dept...........

ps: Thank for the rash of bc's

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
It's LOVING people being way too dogmatic. You don't believe what I believe therefore you are wrong and your opionion is worthless. You don't like the stuff I like therefore you deserve to die.
I accept other peoples opinion, and while I may disagree, I won't shit on them for it. I appreciate good work, something that someone did their best at and came out the way they like it.

I can give a few good examples from the motorcycle world. Almost ALL clubs, 1%(Hells Angles, Outlaws) or others, won't allow me to be a member because my bobber is based on a Jap four-banger and not an americal V-twin. This doesn't bother me because I like living on the legal side of the law, but it is still irksome. Example no. 2: If you go to a bike show, or a bike night, what you will see is 98% stock V-twins. Most of these bikes are considered custom because they have a bolt or exhaust or foot pegs. I subscribe to the statement that you can't call your pile of aftermarket chrome a chopper/bobber unless you have irreparably damaged at lease one bike in it's making. That being said, I can still appreciate a nicely put together bike, even if it is a crotch rocket or a rat bike.

At a car show, a Civic with bags is still a civic, but the work that went into modifying it can be appreciated. An eclipse with 18's and nothing else doesn't deserve a second look. But don't walk up to the guy and tell him he's an ass-hat. Everybody walking by already knows that, leave the poor retard in peace. He's happy in his ignorance. This is one reason that I haven't posted any pics of my car yet. I don't have any major modifications that most of us haven't already seen. My car is not a trailer queen, its my daily beater. I would be calling myself a moron if I took it to a car show. Maybe when I do the stuff I have rattling around in my head, but even then only other Subaru people would recognize the stuff and be impressed.

When all the fan-boi's, 4x4 guys, muscle men, and the normal people (like us, except maybe nate) learn to keep our opinions to ourselves, the world will be a much better place. Now lets kiss an make up.
Maybe I missed the threads you are referring to. I think our site is relatively decent. Most of my comments are replys to threads generally providing feedback in a positive way. I don`t believe on dumping on someone just to make them feel bad, that`s plain stupid. I do zing certain members because I know they have a sense of humor and expect a zing or two back but that`s all in fun. We are made up of a very diverse group of Subie fanatics and just like family your not gona love everyone .

If your Rex is black I have seen it numerous times on 109.

wzrd

Seriously. What happened to being automotive enthusiast. This has been getting on my nerves lately. It's not just here but in a lot of car circles. "You don't drive the brand/model I drive therefore your vehicle is a turd." I'm not into civics or vw's or z cars or old hot rods, does that make them terrible cars that are bad purchases? Of course not. Some guys at autocross run gutted out civics. I have zero interest in the cars and don't really see the appeal, they still throw down awesome runs and sweet times and enjoy what they do. I'm sure some club members don't get me and my dad running a POS blown 5.0 mustang. But what makes it great is that we're all at the same event doing the same course comparing times. We've all put time and money into our cars that are important to us. That's what makes us all car guys.
Different people like different things for different reasons.

My dad thinks the impreza is a good performing shitbox car. That's his opinion, I don't shit my pants and tell him his car interests are terrible and that he should buy an impreza. He's gonna like what he likes. One of my dad's friends autocrosses his evo. I don't run up to him every event and tell him he should have bought an STi instead.

Some people like to build up K-cars. There's a guy on another forum I read who is really into old fiestas. HIS CAR INTEREST IS BAD, HIS PRICE/PERFORMANCE SUCKS, HE SHOULD BUY MY BRAND CAR INSTEAD.

I'm reminded of an episode of Bull Run. Guy rolls his car hot dogging it. Car gets towed to a garage nearby. The people he was competing against could have said "welp sucks for you, we're going to sleep". Instead everyone stuck around and chipped in to help get the car back on the road. That's being a car enthusiast.

The auto world is too divided thanks to this bullshit meat head dick waving mentality.

Rant over.

I'm not too dense and I know we joke around a lot with each other here, but people often spout crap and aren't joking.
Our social graces[manners] are they glue that hold a civalized society together.Its a sad commentary on our times the way people so casualy disrespect each other with a word.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

topdeeni

I find that the written word is so terrible and subject to all sorts of translation... It lacks the emotional strains and tenses that come with an actual voice. It isn't just the auto world, it is all worlds. Remember English class? Having to translate a piece of literature U rd the night before? I can remember sitting there thinking about how so many people came up with such different views of what they read... after all the friggin words are there as plain as day... Y dont U see them the way I DO????

I have seen it at my gaming site and I have read it over the womans shoulder in the private performers forums they have to "communicate"... I should post some of the crap in there, they have more problems than a season of Springer and Rikki Lake!

More than once at my gaming site we have had what we call major league language barriers between people from two different countries. Things that started friendly, had something lost in the translation of how words were put together and got ugly.

Manners? isn't that something kids used to get taught right along with respect... oh yeah wrong thread.

wzrd

I find that the written word is so terrible and subject to all sorts of translation... It lacks the emotional strains and tenses that come with an actual voice. It isn't just the auto world, it is all worlds. Remember English class? Having to translate a piece of literature U rd the night before? I can remember sitting there thinking about how so many people came up with such different views of what they read... after all the friggin words are there as plain as day... Y dont U see them the way I DO????
I have seen it at my gaming site and I have read it over the womans shoulder in the private performers forums they have to "communicate"... I should post some of the crap in there, they have more problems than a season of Springer and Rikki Lake!

More than once at my gaming site we have had what we call major league language barriers between people from two different countries. Things that started friendly, had something lost in the translation of how words were put together and got ugly.

Manners? isn't that something kids used to get taught right along with respect... oh yeah wrong thread.
I forget ....communication is like 78 %[guess] non verbal,
default_additional_sillylol.gif
never mind interpitation issues

Latest posts

Back