the Toyobaru...it's ALIVE!!!

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
I like the styling of the Scion version shown at the New York Auto Show better than the sketch/rendering in this article.

If anything, the Subaru version should be boxier. Basically, I want a GC Coupe with Bugeye style fenders (the boxy flairs).

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I hope its not too toyatarized. One question. Will it have a rear seat? though in like 10 years I can pick up a used one just in time for my midlife crisis.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I hope its not too toyatarized. One question. Will it have a rear seat? though in like 10 years I can pick up a used one just in time for my midlife crisis.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Matt

suppose to be released mid 2012 from what they tell us at prime.....should be a fun little n/a car

2012-subaru-ft-86.jpg

Stein

Stein
suppose to be released mid 2012 from what they tell us at prime.....should be a fun little n/a car

2012-subaru-ft-86.jpg
Headlights look good to me. I'll reiterate that I don't like the fenders though.

And I just decided that a Saabaru hoodscoop would look better than whats in this render.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
that is not even an official render.

I will probably more in line with the toyota FT-86 or whatever they end up naming it. 2.0l Boxer, re-engineered by Yamaha and dropped into the same chassis.

Apollyon12

These are from Car and Driver.

Defintly widebody Suby

toyota-and-subaru-joint-sports-coupe-spy-shots_100230763_l.jpg

2012-2013-toyota-ft-86-subaru-0846-sports-coupe-_spy-photo_-embed-3.jpg

I though the Subaru was to be AWD while the Scion was RWD. This makes sense to me, it would mean that they are not direct competition for each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

They've said it will be RWD from the start, and I really don't think it will be released by two companies. Chances are, take the few most tame rumors out there, and that will be the release. Take the price point rumored, and add several thousand dollars.

i-wagon

witht the engine sitting so low under the hood, there's more room for extra goodies in there! ( big turbo, stuporcharger, intercooler pipes etc)I think it looks kinda cool, but I wont buy one

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Who cares what it looks like... It better be fast and handle like a dream.

Matt

I was told itll be a subaru power plant with a na motor with roughly 250hp....should be fun...ill be doing pre-delivery inspections on these before any of you even drive them....ill let you all know how they go!!!!

Latest posts

Back