Engines designed previously by Yamaha (Per wiki):

1967: Toyota 2000GT

1989: Ford Taurus SHO (V6)

1996: Ford Taurus SHO (V8)

2003: Various Toyota applications, Pontiac Vibe GT, Lotus Exige, Lotus Elise

So yeah...

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
article in recent Motor Trend cites Subaru as having very ambitious sales goals (circa +25% in next couple years) and the new joint venture sports model is expected to be a big part of that.

I just wonder how Subaru bringing a sporty RWD car out squares with its proven sales formula of being the "all-AWD Company."

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
article in recent Motor Trend cites Subaru as having very ambitious sales goals (circa +25% in next couple years) and the new joint venture sports model is expected to be a big part of that.

I just wonder how Subaru bringing a sporty RWD car out squares with its proven sales formula of being the "all-AWD Company."
It's kind of more of a toyota thing than a subaru.

But regardless, it will pick up subaru sales in places where subarus don't sell much. ie. states where it doesn't snow.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
but they still probably won't produce any more than what it already does with the sti's. Make them more rare so they can jack up the price.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
the Toyobaru's mid $20k pricing is going to be much more in the "Hey! I can actually afford a new car now" league than $40k STIs.

classic marketing: increase the content, drop the price and bingo sell waaaay more units.
default_cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Well they may be doing a very smart thing and merging the global brand image with the one that they send to the US. I for one would welcome this new RWD component of the brand as well as the many 2WD models that are available to other regions.

but they still probably won't produce any more than what it already does with the sti's. Make them more rare so they can jack up the price.
The STi isn't really rare. and the mid 20K price of this thing isn't going to make it unattainable. don't forget that the size of this platform is marginally larger than the current production Miata.

Apollyon12

Guess I got lucky!
Wait, are you trying to say that with your '08 wrx you didn't get screwed?

The black sheep of that generation? The '09's changed a heck of a lot, and for the better. If I had bought an '08 I would have been rip-POOP when the new ones came out.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Wait, are you trying to say that with your '08 wrx you didn't get screwed?

The black sheep of that generation? The '09's changed a heck of a lot, and for the better. If I had bought an '08 I would have been rip-POOP when the new ones came out.
He has an STi

inski

The most recent word from SNE is the Subaru ver. of this will start production mid term 2012.

Apollyon12

We don't care when the production starts, we care when Evergreen is going to have one that we can test drive.

inski

2013-Subaru-BRZ-engine.jpg

We can see the timing chain Impreza 2.0L with the filter on top. Same thing as the 2011 2.5L Foresters and 2012 2.0L Imprezas. But look! They finally switched the intake so it faces forward. Battery in a more weight friendly location. Strut tower braces (cheezy). Open wheel wells, yip, that's plastic in front of the strut towers. Power steering pump is either gone (electric) or moved down low. Looks like they made more room by switching the fuse box local and ABS. Looks like plenty of space in front and low for a turbo, just got to move a couple unnecessary things.
default_biggrin.png
..and that stupid A.I.R. system.
default_frown.gif

All in all I like it. Nothing drastically different but everything is laid out better. Expect to see individual coils for each cyl. like the 2012 Impreza.

We're on the threshold of the best thing to come via Subaru EVAH!

Scion FR-S should be coming a little sooner than the BRZ, like late summer 2012 as a 2013 model

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/id/2313/a-tech-look-under-the-scion-fr-s.aspx

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/toyota-gt-86-officially-revealed-2011-11-28

http://jalopnik.com/5863699/subaru-brz-the-movie?tag=subarubrz

starts at $24K http://jalopnik.com/5864550/subaru-brz-pricing-starts-at-24000?tag=subarubrz

Toyota http://jalopnik.com/5862774/toyota-gt-86-is-the-production-version-of-the-ft+86?tag=subarubrz

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
yeah yeah yeah, so how's about some test drives??!!

OK...so the Ken Gushi dorifto vid gives me actual hope! seems like ample power and flat drifting attitude, not much wallowing.

Zero Understeer, yaaay!

Latest posts

Back