There's a new 911 GT3 at Morong's in Falmouth

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
If it's as low as the one in the video, I'd destroy the front in an afternoon around here on these crappy roads. They're sweet cars though, guy I know has a terrifying Porsche.

Stein

Stein
I still think it looks ugly, just like every other Porsche out there...

(Flame suit on, I know lots of Subie guys like Porsches)

Would I drive a Porsche if the opportunity arose? sure would! But if I was made of money and had the opportunity of buying this or a nice classic of some sort, I would opt for a nice '69-72 Beetle for a nice-weather cruiser. It's designed by Mr. (Dr.? Sir?) Porsche
default_smile.png

I really like how they showed comparisons between street/track towards the end of the video. I also think its funny how often they showed the guy shifting, because judging by the youtube comments, it didn't come in manual in '09
default_smile.png
. It also looks a little too tail happy, unless they're just showing that for the video...

Car Whore

I really like how they showed comparisons between street/track towards the end of the video. I also think its funny how often they showed the guy shifting, because judging by the youtube comments, it didn't come in manual in '09
default_smile.png
. It also looks a little too tail happy, unless they're just showing that for the video...
Well, it does have the engine hanging over the rear end, so that tends to be what happens.
default_smile.png
Only now, they won't try to kill you with snap oversteer.

Yeah, they were showing off for the video. Notice he pushes the PSM button off, then on when he goes to the road (traction control).

That's Walter Rohrl, btw, a legendary driver and Porsche tester. If anyone can make that car dance, it's him.

And how on earth can you think a 911 is ugly, yet like a Beetle?!?!?!

Stein

Stein
I don't know, they look exactly the same from the front, but I like the curve of the beetle better than that of the Porsche. I really don't know why, I just do
default_smile.png

What I hate is when people "slam" beetles and put some extreme camber on.

Kristof

Banned
I, I would opt for a nice '69-72 Beetle for a nice-weather cruiser. It's designed by Mr. (Dr.? Sir?) Porsche
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

u woudl take a beatle over a 911 gt3? that is by far the biggest fail comment on the board this year so far

Stein

Stein
Well, I would gladly take the GT3 if I could sell it... I just don't really like them. I know they're beasts on a track, but... I don't know.

I'd also take a classic buick (two tone turquoise and white
default_smile.png
) over the beetle though
default_smile.png

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
... I would opt for a nice '69-72 Beetle for a nice-weather cruiser. It's designed by Mr. (Dr.? Sir?) Porsche
default_additional_sillylol.gif
You would opt for a BEATLE over a PORCHE?!

I'd never buy a beatle, if someone gave me a beatle I'd sell it on the spot. Regardless of how nice and antique it was. One of the biggest VW fail ever.

Stein

Stein
I would do the exact same to a Porsche. Maybe I just don't see a point to it? It doesn't look particularly good to me, and if I had the 120k from selling the GT3 I would put it into a nice BMW or Lotus or something.

MMmmm, Lotus...

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I personally think most of the super-cars look silly.

I'd love a '60s convertible mustang. The only good car Ford ever made.

bigsxy

look those cars are fast as hell a video only does so much i pulled up next to one on the highway not a 2010 but holy **** it flew

Mark

I would do the exact same to a Porsche. Maybe I just don't see a point to it? It doesn't look particularly good to me, and if I had the 120k from selling the GT3 I would put it into a nice BMW or Lotus or something.MMmmm, Lotus...
you're killing me young padawan. a porsche gt3 is is a pure drivers car. a 911 in general is sick. clarkson makes fun of porsches by saying they look like beetles...

AND. a lotus is nice and all, but one of the slowest "supercars" around. the gt3 would outperform it all day long.

i can't really say enough about how much i hate that beetle comment.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
you're killing me young padawan. a porsche gt3 is is a pure drivers car. a 911 in general is sick. clarkson makes fun of porsches by saying they look like beetles...
i can't really say enough about how much i hate that beetle comment.
A beetle by Hitler no less. I had mixed feelings about it. Technically he's right, but at the same time porsche's are friggin' sweet. I call it a push.

Latest posts

Back