Tire reviews

stainless

Figures we should have a tire Review....

Tire model: (AVON 500)

Fitment: (215/55r16)

Type:(Summer High perf)

Cost:(78)

Location of Purchase:Tire rack

COMMENTS: Seem Great so far lesss than 100 miles on em.

i plus sized em->.215's seem to have more positve turn( when in a turn want to keep turning)

Lots MORE grip than Stock Brigtones Seems to stop a bit quicker mabey 10-20 ft.

Any one feel free to add to this.... Good or bad.

stainless

We should add to this for winter tyres......
default_redface.gif

ill post my winter tyres tonight...

My Avons are still running great.

very agressive in turns- some may not like that they do track more than the stock tyres.

part of it is do to the extra width and also additional grip. they are great in the rain as well!

-any one know if there is such a thing a tire paint? would like to have yellow lettering ;D

mikebike357

Tire model: BF Goodrich Traction T/A

Fitment: 215/60VR16

Type: All Season High Performance

Cost: $109

Location of Purchase: Costco

COMMENTS: Excellent cornering and traction. Quiet. You really have to hit a corner hard to get a squeal. I have about 10k miles on them and they seem to be wearing well.

Tire model: Yokohama Geolandar 900

Fitment: 215/60R16

Type: All Season

Cost: ?? They came stock

Location of Purchase: Subaru of America

COMMENTS: They suck. Also known as Geosquealers. Rotated every 7k and still burned through them by 23k miles. There are much better tires out there for whatever these pieces of crap cost new.

Tire model: Nokian Hakkapallita Q

Fitment: 215/60R16

Type: Studless Snow

Cost: $1xx

Location of Purchase: Independent BMW shop in PA

COMMENTS: Awesome snow traction. These tires turn a Subaru into a snow cat. They're mushy in the corners on dry pavement and kind of squirrley on the highway. But, one must remember that they're SNOW tires and nto performance tires. They're noisy too.

Lawdawg

I just purchased a set of Dunlop Winter Sport M3s from Patriot service (they have an account at tire rack). Can't wait for the snow to try them out. Anyone have any experience with these?

stainless

OOOOOooo we should bo to my favorite spot in portland mid winter for some semi leagal Auto-x!

Hint: Just have to dodge light poles.....and seaguls.

Well till the cops show.....well security....not real cops.

LordBass

Tire model: Falken GR-Beta FK-451

Fitment: 205/50/16

Type: Summer High perf

Cost: ~75/ea

Location of Purchase: tires.com (free shipping! w00t!)

COMMENTS: An unfair comparison, but light years better than the worn 195/60/15 RE-92s they replaced. Much stiffer sidewall, rock solid on wet roads of any type, firms up steering noticably, especially at low speed, have to push them hard to get them to squeal. Did just fine on ~75 miles of unpaved road this summer. Even makes a decent auto-x tire for stock or STS. Very pleased after 5000 miles. Would purchase again. Just don't use them in snow.
default_tongue.png

Latest posts

Back