Tire rubbing, and possible solutions.

Redline

Last season, I ran 205/55/16 Goodyear Eagle RS-A all seasons mount on 2002-2004 WRX Rims. I believe the offset is 52, but someone can correct me please.

Anyhow, my driver-left fender had a small "impression" in it when I purchase the car. Rather than spend $500 fixing the problem, I spend $150 worth of labor & body filler. From an aesthetic standpoint, you can't really tell it was ever there to begin with. However, the distance between the tire lip and the body says otherwise. I even "rolled" the lip (more like flattened it) and there is still rubbing.

I have AGX's with H&R Sport Springs, which lower the vehicle about .75"-1" or so. They are progressive springs, so are pretty soft at first, but stiffen quickly. The rough spacing in between the tire and the strut's spring perch is about .5"-.75" with the 205's I was running.

What are some suggestions to fix this rubbing issue.

Rightseat

max out rear negative camber, tires tilted inward are less likely to rub

or...don't sweat it and go out with a load of buddies on a bouncy dirt road and..."just contour the inner fenders with the tires"

make sure you don't have a bent real lateral link. even a slight upward bend in lat link (easy to happen from road impacts, etc) can cost you clearance at upper side of tires

4WRXter

Skier!
how does one check for a bent lateral link? especially if it's "slightly" bent?
I'm no expert, but I'm thinking if you stretch a string from bolt center to bolt center(if that is possible), or across the top(or bottom for that matter) of the "knuckles" where the attachment bolts go through??, you should be able to see if the link is bent.?? ??

Latest posts

Back