Tire Swap...any interest?

ruggedman

My needs for my car have changed, so my needs for summer tires have too. Now I drive my car a lot more than I used to...many highway miles so getting max wear, economy, and less noise is preferred. Problem is last summer I needed new tires so I bought a nice shiney set of what I had before (and loved). My needs before were maximum grip, comfort and economy be damned! The tires are Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec in a 225/45R17 size. I drove on them a fair amount last year, and I'd want to take a look at the tread depth, but I'm pretty sure there's 60-70% left from what I remember when I stowed them away last fall. Speaking of storage they're stored in a room temperature closet in tire totes. They don't see light so they'll be in great shape after this winter.

If someone likes to auto-x like I used to these tires are wicked sweet. They're nearly as grippy as some of the r-compounds I used to run back in the day, and do a great job in both dry and wet. The wet performance coupled with the WRX's wet performance gave me a few almost FTDs. I also go a great deal of wear out of my last set, and I'd expect about the same out of these. My last set went for roughly 25,000 street miles AND saw 12 auto-x events. I'd run them myself next summer, but they make more sense for someone that wants to use them for what they're good for.

The lowdown...I've got a set of 17x7.5" wheels these are currently mounted to. I'm not really interested in getting rid of the wheels, but I'd be willing to swap the tires with someone if they've got something that fits and is a quality tire for what I'm looking for. Could be a win-win for both of us. Post up if you're interested.
default_smile.png

Tyler

I tried PMing you, but I guess your box is full. I have nothing to trade for but I am looking for summer tires. How much would you want if I were to buy them from you?

ruggedman

Not looking to outright sell I was just hoping I could find someone that just bought a scoob in the past year or two that wanted to step up their tire grip. If you pay mount/balance I'd swap them for free to whomever has a resonable 17" alternative for me. Otherwise I'll just put them back on my car and drive them in a straight line the rest of their life (seems pretty silly to me knowing what they're capapble of).

Latest posts

Back