Tires for experiment

elbeau

I'm looking for a dirt Cheap or free used 225/45/17 and 235/40/17. I'm using them to see an exact fit for each size with my car then junking them.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
There's a guy in wiscasset that sells tires dirt cheap. And I work just down the road in a shop and can mount them for you. There wsa a guy in last week found some nice wide 17s. 245s or something crazy.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Nope, he's word of mouth, and show up and look type dealy.

I can stop by if I'm over there this weekend, or definitely after work on Monday and check though.

I don't know if you're close to Wiscasset at all... your location provides no useful information. I figure you're located in Maine... It's a Maine forum.

elbeau

I know my profile sucks I haven't had a chance to fix it since I got my rs. Right now I'm only loOking for single tires so I can test fit them on my car and see what fits or what I need to so to the car to make them fit. But if he did have a rocking deal on a set of 225/45/17 I might pick up those and hope they work.

Matt

im running 225/45/17 now on my lowerd rs with 17x7.5 +48 and its very close to the strut,rubs slightly on big bumps.

elbeau

My problem is that my rims seem to be marked as having a +40 offset which doesn't seem right ??

GClark

It could be right, different wheels have different offsets. They are going to stick out more with a +40 offset.

elbeau

I was told they are pretty flush which is why I want the test tires. I figure I'm going to have to roll my fenders & I have no problemm doing thatI just want to figure out my setup and know exactly what I have to do before I start spending big $$$

RallyGuy24

Yea, I would guess those wheels are +40's, they are out further than the Prodrive wheels that are subaru specific (+48's I believe). I'm going to run 225's on the Prodrives. The clearance with the struts you currently have will be really tight with 225's, just due to the lower spring perch.

I also just realized I think I have the key to those lug's that are on the car. Remind me to find that for you...

elbeau

yeah.... I'm going to need that key because I just got a set of 225/45's and I want to try out the rs's new shoes!

Latest posts

Back