To tune or not to tune

NatesBeaulieu

I have a 2011 impreza wrx, and I wondering if I should wait till the warrenty is up to tune it. I currently have 19k miles and the warrenty goes up to 3 years or 36k miles if I remember correctly. I currently have a CBE, but I'd really like to get a downpipe, intake, and cobb accessport to go stage 2. Do you guys think I should wait till the warrenty is up? Or, what if I go stage 2 now, and something happens do you think the dealership will take it if I put everything back to stock? I might just wait till 36k miles, but I just wanted to hear you guys' opinions.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Read read read your warrentee and see if any of the "hard parts" you want to install will void it. With an accessport you can always revert back to the stock tune, so it shouldent be that big of an issue.

wzrd

I biught a 06 rex brandy new in jan 07...Within the first year we had the cobb stage 2 package put on....Ive never had ANY issues at all...As long as yuou dont go past a simple stage 2 your probly gonna be ok..

wrbwrx

I have a 11 wrx. Im running stage two ap right now, haven't had any problems going to the delership. only have 10k miles.

NatesBeaulieu

I already have CBE so if anything I'd go stage 2 since all I'm missing is the downpipe. I hear the ringland issues really aren't is common as the forums make them out to be either. Anyway, which dealerships in ME do you recommend dealing with if I'm going to be tuning my car. I've been going to quirks, but honestly I havn't been too impressed with them.

wzrd

I already have CBE so if anything I'd go stage 2 since all I'm missing is the downpipe. I hear the ringland issues really aren't is common as the forums make them out to be either. Anyway, which dealerships in ME do you recommend dealing with if I'm going to be tuning my car. I've been going to quirks, but honestly I havn't been too impressed with them.
eva-green

seph

I've been going to Evergreen for a long time now...I love them. I've had a Stage 1 tune for a long time...4 years+, and I love it.

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
We can do either, large safe gains over the Cobb tune. 300+whp when stage 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r387iKTZmA

Latest posts

Back