Torn CV boot

SUBARUDE

Just use the pry bar to pop it out and the clip doesn't need to be replace to reassemble it just pop it back in easier then the roll pin set up as Chris thought it had

scoobiesforlife

cv axles arnt that bad to replace, ive had to replace the fronts in my outback, the fronts in my parents 01 forester twice, and one so far in my impreza, for the forester i had both fronts out in under 40 min. marking the front strut bolts and strut flange so i could get the camber back to almost exactly where it was when i had started. only thing that had slowed me down was the roll pins. there are some manual trans shafts that when you pop them out it may or may not leak some tranny/front diff fluid. so be safe and lay a rag or a drip tray under that part so if it leaks it wont cause to big of a mess, hope this helps

4WRXter

Skier!
One side done. Drivers side ripped also. Never noticed it before. Parts for that one ordered. I recently found $46 axle assemblies on PartsGeek. Maybe should have got those and pulled old one out, put new axle in. Instead of doing the boot(s). Oh well, it wasn't that bad to change the boot. The drivers side will be quicker, and I learned by doing.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Glad it worked out for you!

I don't bother to reboot axles beceause I hate money.

Also some off brand axles like to slip out of the inner cup where as the OEM ones seem to hold up better. On my RS the left side front axle always falls apart if you let the knuckle droop too much.

4WRXter

Skier!
After some of the reviews I read about axles, I decided to re-boot. At least I know what I have. Taking the end off so I could get the band and boot on was the worst part. And even that wasn't too bad.

RedForester08

I like the fact i have the roll pins. (04 wrx) no leaking and I have the Roll pin punches I use at work all the time. Makes for easy swapping. good work John

Latest posts

Back