Torn Meniscus

Lawdawg

Well, seems my knee is not so good. Having surgery tomorrow morning to shave and shape a few things in the right knee.

Hopefully short recovery time given that its the scope and not the cleaver.

Getting old sux. That is all.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Well, seems my knee is not so good. Having surgery tomorrow morning to shave and shape a few things in the right knee.

Hopefully short recovery time given that its the scope and not the cleaver.

Getting old sux. That is all.

do yourself a favor and shave your knee tonight. when my college roomie had it done he not only had the inscisions that hurt, but wicked razor burn.

I guess they did it with a lawn mower or something. and it never hurts to break out the sharpie on the non borked knee ("not this one")

Ty Ty

When I had my knee done (ACL replacement with lateral meniscus clipping), they made me do the shaving there, as well as made me mark which leg it was.

Evil Jeff

Ouch. I feel your pain, literally. I've had 5 knee ops for damaged meniscus now, inculding a graft from a "donor" the last time. Take it easy, enjoy the drugs, and for god sake, stay off it when the dr. tells you to.

Good luck!!

mikebike357

Good luck dude! How you gonna drive that STi? I think you should just leave it (with the keys) in my driveway while you recover.

Jimbo

Andrew doesn't know what he's talking about. I fully expect you to be poppin' those happy pills a la Greg House.

ruggedman

I partially tore my meniscus 3 years ago
default_smile.png
Still haven't had surgery. I dont think it'll heal on its own but rest makes it feel a lot better. Hurts whenever I do anything but for some reason in my head a surgically repaired knee will be weaker than a knee that's always swollen and is in constant pain. At least it doesn't give out on me anymore like it did 2ish year ago all the time.

Let me know how the surgery and recovery go, I'd be interested to hear your feedback....especially if you are a biker, runner, or hiker. I haven't been able to enjoy running in a long time :-(

Evil Jeff

default_smile.png
Still haven't had surgery. I dont think it'll heal on its own but rest makes it feel a lot better. Hurts whenever I do anything but for some reason in my head a surgically repaired knee will be weaker than a knee that's always swollen and is in constant pain. At least it doesn't give out on me anymore like it did 2ish year ago all the time.

Let me know how the surgery and recovery go, I'd be interested to hear your feedback....especially if you are a biker, runner, or hiker. I haven't been able to enjoy running in a long time :-(
Dude, get it done! Before my last op, it hurt to walk. Now, it's pretty damn good. Only time it hurts is during extreme weather changes (due to the arthritis), or if I sit in an awkward position for too long then get up too quickly.

smosh

Dude, get it done! Before my last op, it hurt to walk. Now, it's pretty damn good. Only time it hurts is during extreme weather changes (due to the arthritis), or if I sit in an awkward position for too long then get up too quickly.
Giving new meaning to 'Bionic' Jeff... when it hurts, are you still able to leap on one leg over houses?

Lawdawg

default_smile.png

I am hiker, runner, skier, and biker and, as of yesterday, all I could do was bike. It hurt to walk around Mackworth last weekend.....

There was a lot of crap he cleaned out and scar tissue that was basically interfering with the smooth operation of the joint. Prognosis is very good...should be skiing in about 4-5 weeks. I may never run again by my choice, though I am told i could. I think i am just going to turn up the volume on biking.

At any rate, resting at home, and yes, hydrocodone is a good thing right now.

Latest posts

Back