transmission rebuild/ swap

BUBSKI

Are there any reputable transmission rebuild shops around? My 02 Wrx trans blew this morning. Also would be willing to purchase a used one if someone knew where one is.

Last edited by a moderator:

GClark

IMO a rebuild isn't worth it. A 02 transmission can be picked up for cheap. Or upgrade to a 6 speed and it wont happen again. 

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I say get LGT or FXT gears, forget 6 speed unless you want to spend all your income tax bonus, and then some on it. 02 WRX trans are made out of glass. Mike Meyagi is your man for a trans swap, he does excellent work and charges a fair price, he is located in Standish but worth the trip.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
What ^ said. Oorrr...If you have $$ id get straight cut gears and another tranny, have someone put said gears in said "new" tranny then have mike throw it in your car.

that's what im going to do when my tranny explodes.

BUBSKI

The LGT setup sounds like a decent plan to me. I don't necessarily need the 6 speed. The wrx is just my commuter car and I usually take it pretty easy. I have an 07 STI to beat on on the weekends. Would you have a way for me to get a hold of Mr. Meyagi? 

02 WRX Chris

PM him on the forums, he should respond pretty quick.

BUBSKI

If I could find a used 02-05 trans I would definitely do that. I just don't want to wait forever to find one.

pigsti

What did you end up doing? When my trans went out on my 02 i went with the RA spec gears. The 5th gear synchro went out after like 6 months, but after getting that replaced, no issues at all.

Matt

What ^ said. Oorrr...If you have $$ id get straight cut gears and another tranny, have someone put said gears in said "new" tranny then have mike throw it in your car.

that's what im going to do when my tranny explodes.
And such a short time later were doing a 6spd swap!!!

Latest posts

Back