Transmission swap

oh5xt

So the Transmission is going in my 05 FXT and I would love to do a 6spd swap,but I really don't want to take a loan out if I don't have too! So does anybody know if an STI 5speed from a version 5/6 would be a fairly easy swap? If so,do I need all the drive axles and drive shafts along with the center and rear diff?

sooch

Type-RA

define easy. You can use your existing hubs/driveshaft/front axles from the US tranny on the JDM one. Depending if the trans has r180 rear diff you may or may not be able to use your existing hubs in the rear. If you get the 4.44 with dccd, that will have an r180 rear end.

If any of your rear axles go bad you will need to find JDM specific axles. this happened to me and it cost me $75 just in shipping to get them from across the pond. Im pretty sure the 5spd boxes out of the v5/6 aren't much stronger than the US 5spd. How much power is this tranny going to see?

I have a jdm 4.44 and i love the gearing with the vf23. I personally would buy a US 5spd and not deal with the hassle, it should last you long enough until you have cash for a 6spd...

Latest posts

Back