tuning question?

wzrd

To start with, im not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to automotives.That why I get the pro's[eva-green] to do all my work Tho I still have to understand the ramifications of the moddification choices im asking them to perform...

My question is;I see "bren-tuning" advertising the ability to protune over the cobb ots maps for a aprox gain of 20-30 hp...1#.Realisticly-Is the gain of horse power going to be worth the risk?? #2.Anyone have an opinion on if the risk is worth the reward??

mY 06 wrx,Cobb stage 2 package +cia +STI intercooler ,has run perfect and trouble free thus far and I would hate to do anything to pass that tipping point I see many suby owner cross, looking for that little e3xtra that eventualy costs big bucks to fix while setting at a dyno in mass...

Nothing against "bren" just wondering if theres enough room left on the cobb map to tweek out a bit more power with hurting anything.?

Thanx for any input......wzrd/paul.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
From what I read about Bren on other sites he tunes conservatively, he knows his stuff and I have yet to see any negative feedback.

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
There is a lot of room in a map especially since neither your cai or sti intercooler were considered during the Cobb Stage 2 map process. If you are happy with the car now by all means enjoy it. Just offering a change for those who want more.

You had responded in the E tune thread which is mostly for DIY fluent Cobb User who want a bit more from their basic S2 Cobb tune.

wzrd

There is a lot of room in a map especially since neither your cai or sti intercooler were considered during the Cobb Stage 2 map process. If you are happy with the car now by all means enjoy it. Just offering a change for those who want more.

You had responded in the E tune thread which is mostly for DIY fluent Cobb User who want a bit more from their basic S2 Cobb tune.
thank you...obviously im looking for a little more,just wanting to ask a few questions so im comfortable with the reliability/safety issues..This is by no means ment to dis your skills....My shop time is ne3xt week,ill talk with my suby tech about the topic and get back to you if im interested....Thanx again.Paul.

Mighty Subie

never ever feel bad about asking questions before doing something. You can never get too much information. Eventually it's all exactly the same information about the subject and you know you're reached the end, but don't feel bad for questioning. The pros will understand why you are asking. If they don't understand, then you probably don't want to go to them. Bren seems pretty cool and knows what he is talking about so I am sure he doesn't take offense at you just trying to make sure you are not passing a point of no return or potentially living on the edge of a huge failure. Ask first, several times before the big jump if it's not something small and simple.

Latest posts

Back