ugh, brake lines in the Saab...

seph

ok, how much of a bitzh is it to change brake lines?

I have my shop manual and such, but everything's rusted to pieces under there. Blah...the lines are rubber all the way through the cabin and come out right over the rear axle, and mate up w/ the steel lines to the wheels, and rubber lines to the brakes. is it safe to say that I'm going to break the fittings on the rubber lines? and I should buy all the lines all the way back to the mastercylinder?

I suck again....

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
The lines in the cabin are steel, or should be. you may need the fittings that go through the body in the back, but other than that you should be able to do it with out too much hassle. well too much hassle for brake lines that is

seph

yeah, I just put a set of red injectors in it and I was bombing up my road, and lost pressure...blah... I just bought wheels and clear corners too...then I get sidelined..I'll have to pull up the carpet and see how the lines look going out of the car...

seph

yeah, SaabCentral is one of the better forums out there...SaabNet is crappy...

you want to see what my car used to look like...check out Saabnet.net it's the black 900t...Bob Sold it to me like two years ago...

seph

yeah, SaabCentral is one of the better forums out there...SaabNet is crappy...

you want to see what my car used to look like...check out Saabnet.net it's the black 900t...Bob Sold it to me like two years ago...

akinaspeedstar

cool, i'll have to check it out soon, we had a SPG at our last dyno day. saam guy who runs the yellow sonnet at the autoX. that put down some good numbers. i think the winner that day we a 02 viggen on stage 4 softwear, which threw down something like 310 hp and something like 400 foot lbs.

akinaspeedstar

cool, i'll have to check it out soon, we had a SPG at our last dyno day. saam guy who runs the yellow sonnet at the autoX. that put down some good numbers. i think the winner that day we a 02 viggen on stage 4 softwear, which threw down something like 310 hp and something like 400 foot lbs.

akinaspeedstar

viggens are crazy, it's pretty much my car with 50 more HP. and my car is enough of a handful to drive fast. i've driven a viggen... it's not so much driving the car.... as tricking it into doing what you want

akinaspeedstar

viggens are crazy, it's pretty much my car with 50 more HP. and my car is enough of a handful to drive fast. i've driven a viggen... it's not so much driving the car.... as tricking it into doing what you want

R

rallyXcramps

I've got a brake line flare kit if you need it. Its in Saco. Napa or Sears or Snap-on or Mac has them. You'll need a tube cutter too. Some people insist on a bender too but I've never seen the need for one. I just bend by hand and I'm causious not to kink the tubes.

Basically doing brake lines is long drawn out tedious work. If you've never double flared a brake line before you should have someone show you how, then practice a few times before you dig into the actual car lines. Remember compression fittings are illegal. Brake lines are wicked cheap at Napa. They'll have all the fittings and lengths of tube you need.

R

rallyXcramps

I've got a brake line flare kit if you need it. Its in Saco. Napa or Sears or Snap-on or Mac has them. You'll need a tube cutter too. Some people insist on a bender too but I've never seen the need for one. I just bend by hand and I'm causious not to kink the tubes.

Basically doing brake lines is long drawn out tedious work. If you've never double flared a brake line before you should have someone show you how, then practice a few times before you dig into the actual car lines. Remember compression fittings are illegal. Brake lines are wicked cheap at Napa. They'll have all the fittings and lengths of tube you need.

Latest posts

Back