Unplugged Mass air flow ontop of intake?

boostproduct

I was having issues an CEL codes came up as P0546,P0130,P0130... however I just got home an decided to look over an just mess with a few things.. I started off by unplugging the sensor ontop of my aftermarket typhoon intake. The car runs I would say PERFECT compared to how it did with it plugged in. Is it bad to run it like that? Didnt hesitate to spool,pulled in every gear didnt pop misfire chug or anything. What the hell is going on lol

Alex's Wrx.jpg

Matt

assuming its the maf sesnor itll run like that for awhile until it goes into limp mode...

boostproduct

would it be bad to run it unplugged? an how long till it goes into limp mode do you think? I went about a mile or so then decided to figure out the harmful side first.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Clean the maf with maf cleaner you get at Napa, then run it with it plugged in. did the car run like this after the intake was added out has the intake been on for a while?

boostproduct

Intake was in ever sense I owned the car. I took the maf off an cleaned it twice. Works great now. Figured it was junk but it still does the job. An it saved me a shit ton of money my other cels went off

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
So your car runs great now?

Typically when you re oil those filters, sometimes the oil will get caked onto the sensor, and you'll need to reclean it each time.

boostproduct

I just sprayed it in there heavily.. twice then blew it out. an it idles great now. doesn't hesitate. dont bog chug or spit which was my main conern.. an my p0546,p0130,p0130 codes have disapeared.

boostproduct

that's what im saying.. it dont feel like its any faster.. actully feels slower due to a nice smooth ride . an not chug spit pop bog then spool to boost. so it dont hit as hard but hey... Easyer on my suspention an the cars rippin good. god I cant believe it was a cheap fix.. guy before me had it sitting for 2 YEARS because he couldn't figure it out.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Wooow really? 2 years? Damn if hes that oblivious you must have gotten it for a really good price!

boostproduct

.... 4300, 70k miles on the motor.. built trans + some mods with paper work, im inlove. but a lot of time an effort into the thing though. wouldnt take any of it back though

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I bought a car that had hesitation issues that irritated me so much I changed all these things: Plugs and wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, cleaned the maf, cleaned the battery terminals, built a more efficient exhaust and installed a grounding kit. Mind you this wasn't a turbo'd car, but those are some maintenance things that helped it a lot.

boostproduct

Thanks. An I thought I had fixed my problem. However I got to school the other day popped my hood an I guess I forgot to plug it in after cleaning it. I plugged it in. An sure enough runs like piss. Blah

rallyimp

If you need a maf I can grab the one off the parts wrx in the driveway, send me a pm and we could work something out

Nicklaus220

My 02 wrx has has the maf sensor unplugged since 150,000 miles. I can honestly say i get 32 mpg highway and 28 in city. When the sensor is plugged it my car does not start. i've bought numerous sensors to replace it but never starts while plugged in.

Latest posts

Back