Upgrading my 02 Subaru 2.5rs

Knippelm16

I need help , I honestly don't know much about cars but I'd like to know what would be better performance wise and cost. Doing a wax swap or rebuilding my 2.5rs engine with forged internals and putting a turbo and just building it. Either way I don't know what I'll need for either . Please help ! And thanks in advance
default_smile.png

i-wagon

Swapping has been discussed numerous times. For the cost you'd be better off just selling what you have and buying the wrx. A Couple of us toyed with the idea of using an eaton supercharger from a grand prix gxp. It's been done, but neither of us ended up doing it. You could just do an exhaust to make it sound pretty and throw some money at the suspension

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Buying a WRX would be easier (cheaper too), but why go the easy route? I PM'ed you, but if you decide to go the turbo route check out my vendor section on here-I already have a ton of the stuff you would need to do your project.

Jamey

They make a supercharger kit for the 2.5i raptor there a company out of Australia found a shop in nh that can get them .was about to pull the plug on one but have head gaske leak .. so got to take care that first..
default_frown.gif

Knippelm16

@iwagon thanks for stating the obvious lmao , said I was new to this , I'm a new member as well didn't have time to check all the sources . Just want to add some hp

i-wagon

If it was me and not my daily driver I'd look at supercharging. Until you're ready to put the belt on and build boost you can kind of pick away at it. Build brackets one weekend, mount s/c another, plumb intake piping etc and leave the belt off until it's done and ready for a tune

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back