US TOP GEAR SUCKED

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
No surprises there.

I was excited when I hear Adam Carola was a host. Then some business happened and other people became the hosts...

I'll grab the US topgear episode, but I'm going to be umpteenth overcritical of it.

WRwagon

Can't find it online yet. Need to track down someone with the history channel. Did read the summary though, not looking up
default_additional_scared.gif

Haven't seen the original top gear in a while but I seem to remember them doing one where a Lotus tries to evade missile lock from an Apache helicopter. So the helicopter thing isn't even too fresh.

Gate4jg

I have a feeling its going to be somewhat the same skits and cars....... If it doesn't have a funny accent and humor that's hard to understand its not as entertaining.

02 WRX Chris

I agree. It did suck. I stayed up to watch it and it wasn't good at all. Didn't get the laughs like i did from the UK version. I mean the cars were exotic, but its not fun to watch.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I haven't watched it yet but im going to keep a very open mind. I really want this show to succeed so I will be giving it as much support as nessasary and keeping an open mind. There will never be a top gear as good as the original but if this one keeps me entertained between the uk seasons then it has served its purpose.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I didn't get to watch, but can't imagine it being as good as original. Do they have the balls to drive through alabama in similar fashion to hammond, clarkson and may? Cause I don't. How bout drive to north pole. "Drunk" on top of a frozen ocean?

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I didn't get to watch, but can't imagine it being as good as original. Do they have the balls to drive through alabama in similar fashion to hammond, clarkson and may? Cause I don't. How bout drive to north pole. "Drunk" on top of a frozen ocean?
I agree. In fact, I gave up on cable tv forever ago (serious).

given the lack of defense for real engineering, even what steel has pansied into... WTF is an american tv show about extremes with cars gonna do. It will never be funny.

pretending young guy evolutionary hosts makes it impossibly flunked.

pssst. England is not even afraid of diesel, and yet have the toughest pollution standards around, including high prices.

Every angle for automotives, america is the aole with a retard that got kicked out of england at the helm.

Last edited by a moderator:

katnip

the car is black. I swear
is was a less than stellar premier. Foust takes boring to a whole new level. He is a great driver, horrible host. it was like a big add for the cars. the UK version is less like that. we'll see what the next episode brings. the better clean up the intro for the Stig last nights intro was beyond dumb

Gate4jg

I bet Foust is the stig, just because he can get another paycheck.
default_cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HR radness

His royal radness
I will chime in with a retort to the majority, I'm watching it right now. I think it's fantastic.

No BS presenters, least of all a smarmy brit like Clarkson who craps on the USA regularly...check

Cool cars and smoky burnouts...check

beautiful cinematography....check

Cobra attack helicopter!! friggin awesome!

I don't know about Foust being the Stig, all I know is that STIXXX is NOT the stig

Apollyon12

You do have to remember that Top Gear is actually not just in Britan and this isn't the first time that they have moved it to another country. Though previously they have stayed in the empire (Australia). I have a feeling that they are trying to grab a new audience, not just have another show on a different channel and a different night. My feeling is that it is too watered down and to americanized, like the current STI or any model ZX. Without JC's epic zingers during a car review, it will NEVER be the same. It may just take some time to find it's own path. The first episode of Sparticus was terrible too, and look where that turned out. Maybe they will realize that Americans can stand a program that is ment for gearheads and doesn't only air on sunday morning on Spike. Maybe they will keep it watered down. In which case, there will always be the orignial. But unlike Horsepower TV, Trucks, or any of the other sunday morning crap, I will definitely be watching every sunday night.

Latest posts

Back