Used WRX values

stiXXX

So mine, clean, looks better & better all the time, eh?
default_cool.png

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
in case y'all hadn't noticed, the "Cars for Sale" world is heavily populated with total dreamers. nobody knows the real meaning of "excellent condition" (usu translates to "not crashed recently") or "well maintained" (usu means "has had actual oil change in last 6k miles)

on the other hand, when u have a car up for sale, priced realisitcally for its age mileage and current market, callers who start right off by lowballin you are the lowest form of slime on the planet (not really, but close) I mean wtf, how can you make a realistic offer on a car you haen't even laid eyes on yet!

/rant on buyin/sellin cars........for now.
default_cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

How about using NADA retail value as a pricing guide? You sir, are selling a 10 year old car on Craigslist, you don't have the ability to use retail pricing.

SWPWRX

in case y'all hadn't noticed, the "Cars for Sale" world is heavily populated with total dreamers. nobody knows the real meaning of "excellent condition" (usu translates to "not crashed recently") or "well maintained" (usu means "has had actual oil change in last 6k miles)

on the other hand, when u have a car up for sale, priced realisitcally for its age mileage and current market, callers who start right off by lowballin you are the lowest form of slime on the planet (not really, but close) I mean wtf, how can you make a realistic offer on a car you haen't even laid eyes on yet!

/rant on buyin/sellin cars........for now.
default_biggrin.png
We've noticed.

When I was selling my 04 WRX I got e-mailed offers of $4,500 and I was like
default_blink.png
. They had never seen the car so I guess they had to asume it was beat but the car was in good condition cosmetically and good/excellent condition mechanically so it was a bit difficult to reply to those people.

I even had some of these people try to convince me the car was worth their price for whatever reason..the economy..etc..

I think it's just the nature of buying and selling. People will always THINK their car is worth more than it really is. On the flip side, I don't think you'll ever find a buyer that dosen't want to save a few bucks by starting the offer low.

SWPWRX

ha. i wish i could have bought your wrx for what pape paid you for it
I was very pleased with what they gave me for the car. It was a bit less than I wanted in a private sale, but enough to make a trade in more desireable than dealing with all the dingleberries I encountered attempting to sell the car privately.

Best of luck to you in your search! You will find your diamond in the rough. I know it!

stiXXX

Just to add to stats...

I sold the '05 WRX with the SSR's & OEM STI rims with new snows, for $14,700.00 a few days ago.

Ryan

Greg makes some good points that these things are definite money pits once things start to fail. Just ask me about it
default_dry.png
. But on the flip side of that coin, you always hear people with 150k, 200k, 250k+ miles, bone stock and still running strong with just regular maintenance fees. When these cars are running good, they run GOOD, but once things start to crumble, it's like a chain reaction, and they breakdown quick.

Gate4jg

Just to add to stats...I sold the '05 WRX with the SSR's & OEM STI rims with new snows, for $14,700.00 a few days ago.
I know the saying when you like a car, money is no object, but wow. Sir I tip my hat to you. I dont even think I could get that much for my STI if I wanted to sell it.

Mark

yes, impressive greg. although we should seperate that from the normal crowd of "modded" wrxs on craigslist. i also agree strongly with ryan. i trust no one in ModLand to do things correctly so stock was a big plus for me. which is why i'm happy i found one that wasn't really messed with.

Latest posts

Back