Using oil

inski

I have had the intercooler off to check for oil recently and there is a little residue but that is all.  I think the ol' girl needs a good tear down and going over.

Getting another leakdown and compression test done this week.  Last one was a year ago by a junior tech, ie I had to tell him how to put the car back together. doh

Oh I plan to fix it.  Still paying for the beast and I refuse to buy a newer car loaded with nanny devices until I know there is a way to get rid of said nanny devices.
Amen.  No nanny devices!

katnip

the car is black. I swear
so compression ranges between 120 and 135.  pass side plugs are white w/very little oil, drive side plugs white with little oil.  doesn't seem to be the cylinders.

tech is gonna look into the pcv system, but sounds like momma needs a new turbo.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Huh.. wonder who suggested that?

default_additional_yarly.gif

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
are you sure it isn't the turbo this time?

have you done a leak down test or compression? 

There was a 2.5 block on here a while back for sale.  I would do that to minimize downtime if $$ allows.
Hopefully you can get a nice rebuilt unit for cheap.  if you are going to toss the old one, i'd love to take it apart. 

katnip

looking at 6 start speed in VA. they rebuild for 400 bills

http://6starspeed.com/suvfsetupere.html

send out the original I still have, get that rebuilt and replace the one in it now, then, eventually get that one rebuilt for spare, still cheaper than new.

Hopefully you can get a nice rebuilt unit for cheap.  if you are going to toss the old one, i'd love to take it apart. 
yes I realize you mentioned that first. Pedro wins.  but the last tech that had the ic off, didn't mention oil in the ic, again, junior tech.  this time I have our turbo diesel guy look at it. 

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
*HUGS*

you could always just pull it yourself.  Make sure you get a couple cans of brakleen to rinse that IC out. 

And prepare for O2 sensor failure/codes.

katnip

its all back together. running vt winter tomorrow. at least the turbo i can do myself. so if i get it rebuilt i can do all the labor myself.

katnip

sending the original one out to 6 Star Speed for a rebuild.  Same price as a used one.  Will let you know how I make out with them.

Latest posts

Back