Vehicle registration

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
I think my biggest issue right now is going to be finding a clock spring...
well, we promise to come visit you in jail if it all dont work out quite like u hope!

cheers, Nigel Star Spec
default_smile.png

Matt

being that portland (cumberland county) is an emission testing county you may run in to trouble without the cats, i can prob hook you up with a sticker unless you've got a place already picked out.

dflwrx

Thanks matt, want to pm me your shop so I can look you up??

Also, I'm rotated mount so stock dp's and cats won't work, but a clock spring would be greatly appreciated!!

dflwrx

Just talked to my friend back in mi, he's going to ship my stock exh. Manifold out here to quiet the car down a bit more... The aftermarket header is starting to leak a bit...

Matt

yea, get yourself squared away with the exhaust and clock spring and id be happy to take a look at it, as ive said before on here im more into the saftey aspect of the inspection, ill let some things slide...i work for vip on payne rd in scarborough....( insert vip bashing here )....i work every 3rd sunday so its the best day to get it looked at when theres not a lot of people around.....shoot me a pm when your ready and ill figure out when im going to be there.......

dflwrx

Stellar, the car is sound from a safety standpoint and I'd like to bring it up to code overall over the next few months anyway... We only drive my car on the street when were both working at satellite clinics anyway, so it will probably only be on the road for an occassional meet and a couple of work days before i amend any issues you determine on inspection...

dflwrx

Also, if anyone has a stock exhaust manifold lying around for a wrx/sti I could throw that on this week and give you my stocker when it arrives from MI in a little over a week...

This is more scrounging for parts than I've done in a decade!!

Nigel if you come visit me while I'm in the clink, the only thing I want is soap on a rope...

dflwrx

Hey Matt,

I've got the clockspring for the car from Shorty and I should have a manifold arriving in about a week, although that's only to fix a pinhole leak in the header and will get done either before or after the inspection. I was wondering which Sundays you'll be working in the next month or two so I can try to find a date/time that will work for both of us. I work a ton of hours so I'll have to plan in advance quite a bit to find a time that works. Thanks for your help!

Also, if you'd like, we'd be happy to bring in my wife's WRX to your shop for inspection too, as a kind of thank you (as long as it's not a pain in the butt for you guys to do the inspections). We'll try to throw as much business your way as we can for giving me a hand on this. Her car is almost totally stock and is in great shape mechanically so it should pass without problem..

Thanks again.

cheers,

-Reid

Meyagi

I'm a hack
Hey Matt,
I've got the clockspring for the car from Shorty and I should have a manifold arriving in about a week, although that's only to fix a pinhole leak in the header and will get done either before or after the inspection. I was wondering which Sundays you'll be working in the next month or two so I can try to find a date/time that will work for both of us. I work a ton of hours so I'll have to plan in advance quite a bit to find a time that works. Thanks for your help!

Also, if you'd like, we'd be happy to bring in my wife's WRX to your shop for inspection too, as a kind of thank you (as long as it's not a pain in the butt for you guys to do the inspections). We'll try to throw as much business your way as we can for giving me a hand on this. Her car is almost totally stock and is in great shape mechanically so it should pass without problem..

Thanks again.

cheers,

-Reid
i can prob weld that pinhole in your header if you want...

Matt

next sunday i work will be the 4th....but im going to attempt to get it off so maybe we can figure out a better day

we get paid via a flat rate program, well modified....instead of only getting paid for the work you do we get an hourly wage. the goal is to book more than 40 hrs of labor each week.....we charge 85/hr and a sticker is 18.50.....break that down and its like 4.59 minutes to do a complete sticker.....i dont make much off them but all the work i can get is appreciated......shoot me a pm and well figure out a day

Latest posts

Back