Vents

REXWGN03

I have an 03 wrx wagon and when I put the ac on or just the vents it kind of gives off a weird, stale smell. I thought I heard at one time that there was a filter you could change or something like that. Anyone know anything about this?

mikebike357

if your rex has a cabin air filter there will probably be a sticker on teh driver side door jamb stating so. It's a big yellow thing. YOu can check where the filter is too... you have to take the glovebox out and there's a black rectangular box in there on the right side... maybe 6" x 2" in size. pop that cover off and you'll either be looking at the side of teh filter or the blower fan.

REXWGN03

Thanks, I'll have to take a look. I thought I had heard something about that. Did they only put filters in certain years or certain models?

mikebike357

It's about a $30 option. Ours came with one new but my FOrester didn't. I put one in the Forester. If you got your rex pre-loved then it's possible there could be a filter in there w/o the proper stickerage to let you know. You should change it about ever 12k miles cuz they get damn nasty.

REXWGN03

There were a bunch of extra goodies so it's a good possibilty that it may. I'll check it out after work. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back