VF-40 Turbo

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
Hey, does anyone have a VF-40 they want to get rid of? I need to replace the one in my LGT.

HR radness

His royal radness
Dont do it.  Get an upgraded turbo.  I made that mistake and I paid for it with two valve jobs and a shortblock that was on its way out when I sold the car.  You may be able to save it with a better turbo but you're setting yourself up for failure with a VF-40

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
That was the original plan, but it's going to be a lot harder to sell moded. I want to upgrade vehicles sooner rather than later anyway.

Matt

Vf40 and td04 are really similar in size and performance. Prob won't effect it to much.

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
I talked to Mike about the TD04, and he said he couldn't really guarantee it that my tune would be optimal or completely safe. Plus, I don't think I'm going to have this car much longer and it will be far easier to sell if I can say that it's stock.

Bperry41

I talked to Mike about the TD04, and he said he couldn't really guarantee it that my tune would be optimal or completely safe. Plus, I don't think I'm going to have this car much longer and it will be far easier to sell if I can say that it's stock.
What's up next for a car?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
What's up next for a car? Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2
If I can find an 07 WRX that's reasonably priced then that, but otherwise I'm leaning towards a bugeye WRX that might be a fun project. Whatever I end up doing it will definitely be on an Impreza base.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Vf40 and td04 are really similar in size and performance. Prob won't effect it to much.
if it was any other car then probably, but these subarus are very finicky about their tunes and a turbo is a huge thing, especially flow rates, when it comes on to boost etc. It could royally screw up your afr, not to metion the nightmare boost control tuning

Latest posts

Back