Vibration while driving 60mph+

dsmith

So for a while I have been having this vibration in my steering wheel and its mostly in 5th gear around 60mph. I came across this thread on subaruforester.org http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/intermittent-vibration-i-am-running-out-money-214426/

and its the same exact problem that I have, only difference is that I haven't tried any of the things suggested on his thread, nor do I have the money to swap all that stuff out. I am picking up winter wheels today and should have them on before friday, so hopefully that cures it and I wont have to search for the problem like the guy in the linked thread.

dsmith

i had my wheels balanced when I got my new tires this may, i have been trying to get my work to re balance them because it's possible that one of the stick on weights fell off, but they're always "too busy"

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
my sti started to get a shimmy in it at higher speeds. The steering rack was leaking so it is getting replaced. once i get my car back(hopefully by next week) i'll let you know if that cures it or not. But definitely have the inner and outer tie rod ends looked at. That may be the culprit

C-Rolla

Parts Pimp
A vibration at a specific speed is almost ALWAYS a balance issue.  I would suggest bringing it somewhere that has a Road Force Balancer.  There is a lot more technology then what you can see at work there. 

Matt

I've even seen a little tire chop/cupping cause vibration at diff speeds and you're an employee and a customer. Have them write a work order and balance the tires.... There's no excuse

dsmith

thanks for all the responses, im putting different wheels on today so we'll see if that gets rid of the vibration. If not i will proceed to other options... fingers crossed.

SUBARUDE

If wheels don't fix it I can assure you it's a alignment issue cause of how low you are being a forester was not made to be that low ever

Latest posts

Back