VIN Number look up

mikeneedsAsubaru

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could look up this VIN for me. Its for a 2006 STI in Portland I am looking at. I wanna know if it has any issues. I dont know if this thread belongs here...sorry if it doesn't and thanks for the help!

VIN = jf1gd79656g512183

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
It has frame/unibody damage report, and was a lease car. According to a VIN check.

GClark

I wouldn't buy a premodded car anyway, you know that car was beat on. He cheaped out on wheels too, so who knows what else he bought knock offs of.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
so if the car is at a dealer, why wouldn't they give you a carfax? they are sort of obligated to do that

that's not an sti, that's a wrx.....

"Just in! 2006 Impreza WRX with many STI Upgrades. Some of the mods include Snow Performance Methanol injection, cobb Access port, ported td 04 turbo, Tuned by Kinetic performance in NH

22 lbs boost, Mushimoto radiator, upgraded pulleys, Stage 3 clutch,

new transmission done by Subaru 10,000 miles ago, 328hp to the wheels, 387 ft lbs torque,

Sti gauges Too many other to list! Fast and sporty All-Wheel-Drive car ready for winter.

Very clean car inside and out. Call or text 577-7132 for more information. Comes with a new inspection sticker and 30 day/1,000 mile inspection warranty. Check out all of our inventory at www.bcmcars.com "

straight from the advertisement

My advice....DON'T GET IT lol

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeneedsAsubaru

I haven't physically gone to the dealership to see it. I imagine they would hopefully provide the carfax.

And I will probably stay clear as I said I have a very reliable WRX already, I would hate to trade it out for a crap shoot.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Why would they bother to port a td04 for 22lbs of boost. That's a little bit ridiculous. Just get a bigger turbo...

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I haven't physically gone to the dealership to see it. I imagine they would hopefully provide the carfax.

And I will probably stay clear as I said I have a very reliable WRX already, I would hate to trade it out for a crap shoot.

instead of getting that, save money to mod your own. It doesn't have bigger brakes or a 6 speed. It's basically yours with more trouble, and in my opinion, not worth the 16k or whatever they're asking for.

mikeneedsAsubaru

instead of getting that, save money to mod your own. It doesn't have bigger brakes or a 6 speed. It's basically yours with more trouble, and in my opinion, not worth the 16k or whatever they're asking for.
Well said, that's why I love this forum. I get caught up in a car that's def to good to be true and my fellow members put it into perspective for me. Thanks all!

Vertigo101

Once you go Subaru nothing else is the same
that STI is a sharp looking car except for vin report you did, I'd try and talk him down in price first and be hesitent about it and maybe he will come down in price due to its history.

skipow

DONT BUY THE CAR FROM BCM.

if you google bay city motors you find a large list of unhappy clients. LARGE list. they have nice cars occasionally, but the owners are known to screw people. Read the reviews of the dealership.

Maxxguy25RS

i too know that bcm screws people. i am one of those unfortunate souls. they are way over priced, and they do not have quality cars. i bought a vw gti from them. yes laugh at the vw part. in the end. it led me to buy my rs, but not before i ate 5gs on the car. and i have looked at their stuff, and i cannot believe that they are still in business.

but, i agree with the other members.

dsmith

I know this car, its the detail manager from patriot subaru's old car, he just traded it in for a g35 coupe. BCM does price their cars rediculously. He got the sti wing put on this past summer. Clean car but too much money. It does sound very nice going down rt. 1 though

WashmyScooby

It at least deserves a test drive
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back