VW dune buggy/sand rail SOLD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReZPunK

Also have a tube chassis sand rail built on a vw beetle platform, needs a lot of work, comes with it's own trailer, $1000

207 two one seven 7312

Hit me on text or call to ask any and all questions...I will also write a more detailed list here shortly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ReZPunK

Good question....it has headlights, tail lights, blinkers and brake lights....windshield, and stuff...possibly?

Meyagi

I'm a hack
good candidate for a boosted EJ motor
default_smile.png

ReZPunK

The car? Yes

The buggy? No...needs a motor build. And was sitting for a while before I picked it up this summer. I was going to fix it up and sell it...but when it's in running shape it worth a bunch more. It needs a bake master, and some axles.

The motor needs a rebuild, or like meyagi says, a perfect candidate for an EJ swap.

ReZPunK

So the car, it has 297k on the odo, it the motor has 50k on it, turbo replaced estimated 150k on it, Cobb crank pulley, full aluminum radiator, sti exhaust, 3 inch catless down pipe, catless up, stainless header with heat wrap, Perrin big mouth inlet hose, some blow off valve, has a strut bar,

Extras to go with car, front and rear skid plates, HID upgrade in fog lights, light bar across the front with PIAA pencil beams and hella 500s, hella horns. It has the factory boost gauge on the steering column.

The car was tuned by trainable, here on the forums, tuned to about 17psi

Not going to lie, it's used....rallycrosses, autocrosses, dirt drives, I drove it hard and fixed it as needed.

Air conditioning doesn't work, never sourced the issue, so I just removed the belt. It's all there, might need just a recharge. Dunno...

This past summer it just got all new KYB excel-g struts.

Sitting on fallen snows with a used set of direzza d-sports to go with it.

Really need to move the car along to fund a rally project.....

ReZPunK

The buggy is a tube chassis sand rail built on a vw platform, haven't spent much times on it since I bought it, wanted to restore it, but the fore mentioned rally project has crossed my desk and I need to liquidate other toys.

Motor I believe is a 1600cc aircooled, the tranny is a 3 rib vw tranny, has racing pedals and master cylinders..the brake master needs a rebuild, the hydraulic hand brake is considered a cutting brake, and would also needs a rebuild...kits are available for cheap.

One thing I'm finding out is this thing would be a lot of fun to drive, and rebuild for cheap!

Doing some research, the chassis is made my berrien,

Vegasjetta

That's a smoking deal on the rail, even if it needs a motor. Just looking at the one pic, I see over $500 in just engine parts. I ran the parts counter of a sand rail shop for 3 years when I lived in Vegas (10 years ago), so prices may be different now. 

That's a SIMPLE motor to swap, and I know where to get 3 or 10 of them in a minute. 

If that's not sold in a few weeks, I may pick it up from you...

ReZPunK

Yah I had great plans for it, but a rally project has crossed my desk, and as much fun as a rail would be I would rather be in a rally car.

And it has a specialized trailer for hauling the buggy...like a long two wheel dolly...you drive the belly up the center rail, and the back wheels sit on the platform. Included in the deal obviously....it has no other purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReZPunK

That's a smoking deal on the rail, even if it needs a motor. Just looking at the one pic, I see over $500 in just engine parts. I ran the parts counter of a sand rail shop for 3 years when I lived in Vegas (10 years ago), so prices may be different now. 

That's a SIMPLE motor to swap, and I know where to get 3 or 10 of them in a minute. 

If that's not sold in a few weeks, I may pick it up from you...
Lets make this happen....$1300 I'm motivated...

ReZPunK

Update: WRX SOLD!!! Yay....crying inside a little....but it's going to be worth it.

Still have sand rail for sale $1300 obro!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back