wagon struts

internalcombust

Does anyone know if kyb agx struts are are made wagon specific? I know the gr2 are, but I cant seem to find out if agxs are. What are drawbacks of using sedan specific struts. Only related to kyb agx. Please no speculation. Need hard facts. I have a chance to buy agxs with prodrive springs from 02 sedan and wonder if they work with little or no fuss.

J

junkyardgabe

i seen on nasioc that wagon front struts are different from the sedans at least that's what they say on there

Rightseat

GD series wagons have different REAR struts than sedans. have not yet found any AGX struts avail for wagons, tho the GR2 mildly upgraded ones do have a GD wagon specific fitment

J

junkyardgabe

i have sedan rear struts in my wagon there is no diff.

Rightseat

well, sedan struts DO FIT the wagon, they just drop the rear a bit. The wag specific R strut/springs are slightly longer, this allows more wheel travel to handle waggie's add'l loads

effect of sedan struts installed at rear of waggie can be seen in pic of ur white wag, look at the wheel well gaps.
default_biggrin.png

I'm still searching for a GD-wag specific strut upgrade that maintains stock ride height (and, most crucially, stock ground clearance)...without resorting to $$$$$$$ coilovers.

Rightseat

yes, Koni inserts is most likely solution to my dilemma

however, have to fix banged-up front bodywork first :
default_biggrin.png
Which I will do once the winter season of likely smackage of more snowbanks/mailboxes/etc is safely past.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
what is stopping you from utilizing the Koni inserts and Ground Control sleves to set a stock ride height and stiff spring rate?

Rightseat

what is stopping you from utilizing the Koni inserts and Ground Control sleves to set a stock ride height and stiff spring rate?
um, whut Ground control sleeves of which are you speaking?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
um, whut Ground control sleeves of which are you speaking?
the type that turn your strut into a "coilover" but more specifically an adjustable spring perch.

GRO100502.jpg

Latest posts

Back