Want to buy ENGINE!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
KNOCK KNOCK

Who's there?

ROD KNOCK

Rod knock who?

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

So I'm looking for an engine. Preferably something phase1, ej22 or ej25. I don't care much what year.

If you have a nice SOHC 2.5 for a good price I'd probably take that and adapt it to work.

Whatever motor it is needs to be able to run without issues for many tens of thousands of miles without anything having to be changed except the oil.

After I put your engine in, I'll be in a really pissy mood if I have to pull it out in a year.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Out of the scope of me wanting an engine for my car. It still runs fine.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Chris needs an engine for his car.

Chris has to go somewhere for the weekend, and needs to leave at 4.30 on Friday.

If there could be a new engine in Chris' car by 4.30 on Friday, he'd be very happy.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
SWeet! I have an outback to drive around for a bit. But it has a slippy clutch, broken exhaust, screwed up front suspension, messed up back suspension, and a torque bindy 5mt... But it works! haha.

The Legacy engine sounds... well. Absolutely terrible.

It started making REALLY bad sounds, then started to lose power and smoke out of the hood a lot. Turned around, and the temp started to climb as I was getting home again. I think it has more than one bearing cooked. It did drive for 2,000+ miles with rod knock, that's pretty good....

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
I got a ODB1 engine in my Bro's yard....doing nothing....... want it? (not the blown one)(and I know nothing about it other then its high miles)(of if it runs)

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Hmm, thanks for the offer. But I'm going to put the one in I buy from mike. If I keep the car I don't want to have to change out another blown or messed up engine.

If I sell the car I don't want to be the asshole that sells a car with a bad engine. Or take a hit because the engine doesn't work, etc.

Although, maybe I have other uses for such an engine... I'll have to see what happens.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
If you're just going to scrap it, I'll take it... I can rebuild it and use it for GL ej swap at some point. I want a reliable GL some day...

Mike, if you need a hand getting the engine extracted from wherever it's stored, I'll eat my wheaties on the drive up.

I'll have an OBW, so I'll bring an old tire we can set the engine in, shouldn't be too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Also, Mike, what year is the engine?

I need to know so I can know what exhaust gaskets to get, and if I need intake gaskets to swap over my intake.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
its a 94 dual port. I have a obd2 intake if u need that too
Cool, thanks. I have a 97 2.2 intake on my current motor, so I'll just swap that on. That way all the vacuum crap will work right with my car.

Latest posts

Back