water leak

akinaspeedstar

so it looks like my car has a little water leak in the trunk. underneath the mat in the back theres a bit of ice, now this could be from reconing poorly but i have a feeling its an actually leak

but there is a clear plastic hose that comes down next to the jack that was just hanging out in space. sunroof drain maybe??? it goes back up into the body and is fairly good size maybe half an inch ISD. there was a rubber piece that it looks like it goes into beside the jack.

inski can you confirm that's the sunroof drain? once it finally gets warm I'll poor some water on the sunroof drains and see if it comes out there. and see if it drains correctly when it's in that rubber piece.

R

redlinerally

1/2" sounds a little large for a sunroof drain. Also, don't sunroofs usually have 2 weep holes, one on either side?

Runnah

I hate to embarrass you but that's what your car uses to go to the bathroom.

and you touched it!

akinaspeedstar

i thought that it seemed a little big for a sunroof drain too. it was clear plastic that went up into the body. if i can find some battery's for my camera I'll snap a picture of it. tomarrow.

R

redlinerally

Unless there are two weep holes that combine in a "Y" into the larger tube... it's quite possible, you know. Especially if it's a clear tube..

UNLESS............

IT'S YOUR FILLER TUBE FOR YOUR BLINKER FLUID??

Rightseat

am pretty sure tht tube yo're referring to is drain for gas fill opening. plug it back into the rubber grommet, otherwise next time you overfill the gas, your trunk will stink.

Scooby GCs like to leak around the taillights, there is some goopy caulking between taillight and body aperture where leaks often occur. I had to re-cauk passenger side taillight to stop it on one of my old RSs.

also, doesn't your car have an aftermarket wing? these will leak around new mounting holes (and old ones, too) if installer doesn't use new rubber washers to seal the trunk holes.

akinaspeedstar

wrong side of the car for the gas door.

i was thinking the tails or the wing could be leaking too. once it warms up im gonna have to poor water on the thing and then see where the water is coming from. they are JDM tails so it could very possibly be missing some sealant

R

redlinerally

true JDM tails only leak on the right side of the car... everyone knows that... :
default_smile.png

J

junkyardgabe

it also could be your trunk lid latch need to be adjusted

i had to do that to my 97 impreza sedan when i got it cause it was puddling in the trunk

R

rallyXcramps

dammit! Forgot to look into that clear tube origin. I'll look in the day light torrow. If this doesn't get resolved we could do a water test in the spring. Basically we remove the back seats and trunk barrier, climb inside the trunk (closed) with a flashlight while someone hoses down the outside with water. The inside guy looks for the water drips and follows it to its origin.

akinaspeedstar

my little brother, though that was with the saab so it was a lot more confortable back there.

i think im gonna wait till it gets warm enought to work out side and see what i can do, and try and dry out the trunk

Latest posts

Back