Water pump question for my 2.5L swap

02 WRX Chris

Was at work today looking up water pumps for WRX's cause im going to change it when I have the motor out, and noticed that 02-04 (2.0L) is one pump, and 05 (2.5L) and up is another.  I got them both in my hands and could not find 1 difference in the pump!  Same mounting, same hose sizes, everything looked the same except for the price lol.  Anyone tell me what the difference could be??

apkarian100

Vendor
The USDM 2.5L Turbos (EJ255 & EJ257) use the same water pump as the EJ207 engines, equivelant to the JDM Spec C water pump.

Having said that, I believe there is no difference. If you look many places, the EJ255/EJ257/EJ207/EJ205 pumps are all interchangable.

When I got a EJ207 SB and accessories for my 02 WRX a couple years ago, the old EJ205 pump and the EJ207 pump looked to the exact same. Knowing the EJ207 pump is the same as the EJ255/EJ257 pump, and knowing the EJ205 pump has the same look and fit, it doesn't seem worth it to spend the extra $40.

Last edited by a moderator:

02 WRX Chris

Okay, that's what I thought.  Its weird cause at work, they have different part numbers and they are like 40 buck different in price too.

Matt

The 255 and 257 is the same block. Only the internals are different. He has a 2.0l now.

02 WRX Chris

Well I read his post to quick, thought it said EJ205 ><.  So I guess my question is unanswered still.

02 WRX Chris

Okay that makes sense now.  I just didn't know if one moved more volume or something.  Thanks
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back