well some bad news....

07UGM_TR

well i finally narrowed down to what was wrong with my car, had the plugs done and ended up having them do a compression test to boot, looks like cycl. 1, 2, 3 are about 120 and #4 is at 90...so they think that is a slight problem, and also the believe the valves are junk which is causing my boost issues and putting my car into limp mode..

anyone have any ideas on whats the cheapest thing to do?

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
anyone have any ideas on whats the cheapest thing to do?
cheapest thing to do is STOP DRIVING THE CAR AND GET IT FIXED. the longer you limp along, the more problems you will have to deal with eventually.

STIs are highly engineered, and any problem in one system soon leads to more probs in other systems.

denial is NOT a strategy that will fix your car.

diabloadsit

wow, your rings or ringlands are like done. I think the cheapest route is to do what Ryan is doing. Pull your engine and buy a new shortblock from EG.

I am ordering my block tomorrow. But, I am getting a built block from Rallispec Ltd. So $3k gets me a brand new oem block, Acl race bearings, manley H-beam rods, cosworth pistons, and new nitride 08+ crankshaft. Awsome deal for $3k if your budget can handle it. Lobstah on here is going to help me pull my motor and redo it.

I am looking about $4500 in parts. But that will get me brand spanking new parts for pretty much everything on the motor.

Whats really funny is your number 4 went. If the top ring on the motor goes in our car its almost aways the #4 one.

Got any questions just ask me. I have done so much damn homework it is like super crazy. So far the Rallispec Ltd. block is the best deal I can find. Plus, they are very well established and have built numrous rally cars.

Latest posts

Back