What can I do to make my subaru stand out?

Vertigo101

Once you go Subaru nothing else is the same
Hey guys I am wanting to make my subaru stand out from others but I am unsure where to start because the car I bought came from a guy on the forums who also bought it from a guy ont he forums.

My 2.5RS has been around on the forums for some time and I feel its time to make it stand out with out making it look a bit out of place.

Please take a look at my profile and any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was thinking about getting all the dings and dents fixed then a fresh coat of silver in the future as well as a green monster logo on the door with eyes peaking out of a bush.

HR radness

His royal radness
Since a paintjob and body work are pretty expensive and it sounds like you want to not spend a lot of money right now, get a lightbar and a set of Hella 500's. They throw out a lot of light, keep you from hitting large woodland creatures at night. Best of all, its cheap and not ricey

Some pics of your RS would help us all make suggestions, because everyone will start suggesting things like wheels/tires, etc. If we know what you already have on the car that helps

Who's ride was it?

GClark

Scratch the monster logo.

Go for 17x9 wheels, coilovers, a simole lip, and a sti swap. That should make your car stand out.

Iboc_C64

You don't want a monster logo. I mentioned that Jokingly simply because you wanted to do something and that is less out of place on a subaru than a lot of the stuff you were thinking of, monster sponsers Ken Block and I think Dave Mirra. You see many other people with wierd vinyl all over thier cars? I think that anything other than one solid color looks rediculous for a steet car and the current silver is fine since it hides scratches and dings. You don't even dare to take it in the dirt yet. If you want a sharp looking car, fix the dent in the door and the crack in the front bumper and take care of any mechanical issue that you can find that hinders your use of it. I would check the motor mounts and tranny mounts since they feel sloppy. Same with shifter bushings. It also needs a new carpet at some point and other interior bits and pieces like shiter boot and center console trim. Fully repainting will cost a lot of money, think of what you spent on the cavalier. Subaru's are cool because they handle bad road conditions and loose surfaces so well when you know how to drive them. They look just as cool dirty and dented as they do clean and new, they are rally cars, they like to get dirty.

Iboc_C64

BTW it already stands out. A 2.5RS is not a common car in Farmington, it looks baddass from the get-go. You also have a high rise spoiler, larger hood-scoop, JDM Headlights and Tail Lights, Red Rally Armor flaps, Ginormous winter tires, a lift kit, red brake calipers, a few dirty impreza logos, clear markers I believe, and hella 500 foglights. Its not your grandmothers subaru for sure. Its got a lot of other stuff going for it too. You know what would really look cool? Hella Supertones in the grill like my car!

Last edited by a moderator:

apkarian100

Vendor
Do a headlight projector retrofit. Not too many people have them and they are the ultimate lighting upgrade.

manngc3.jpg

63020085.jpg

309842_240740215975556_138256406223938_597863_1241966853_n.jpg

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Do not spend another penny on mods to car.

Invest in vehicle control software, I.e., the stuff between your ears.

Get yer hiney to driving school...for track, for rally, whatever floats yer boat.

Without dedicated training, nobody is a good a driver as they think they are.

Nothing looks ricey-er than a tricked-out car being driven by a dork.

etc etc

(not sayin yer a dork, but hope u get the point)
default_cool.png

Vertigo101

Once you go Subaru nothing else is the same
Do a headlight projector retrofit. Not too many people have them and they are the ultimate lighting upgrade.

manngc3.jpg

63020085.jpg

309842_240740215975556_138256406223938_597863_1241966853_n.jpg
Looks good, I had projectors on my Cavalier and Euro tail lights hehe but from what I understand the JDM parts are more valuable then them.

I would like to buy a custom Shift gnob/boot if some one has or knows where I can get some custom interior accessories

Perhaps I can get black and silver seats or covers? I am thinking the seats could have a silver stripe down the middle or two down the sides.

Iboc_C64

I probably shouldn't give you any more Ideas but here you go-

http://www.redlinegoods.com/

Just do me a favor and dont get anything rediculous. I was looking at thier site to maybe get a black leather shift boot and e-brake boot with red stitch to match my stock interior. I think black leather with dark blue thread will match your WRX swapped interior on your RS. No I personally would not add a stripe. I have become more of a fan of subtlety. The stripes remind me too much of the VIP seat covers we use to buy 5 to 10 years ago. I do want to tint my windows, that's nice stealthy upgrade... but it can get you pulled over for a tint check.

i-wagon

I've never had a cop ask about my tint when pulled over. Tint looks sharp and makes it nicer to drive ( less glare from all directions but front) and hard to see in. Do uel headers and a subtle exhaust so you have scoob rumble

Like Iboc said it already stands out. The pictures dont show clear corners. Pick up a set of those, with silver I wouldnt go full amber. If you really want to you can get the bumper signals and fender lights in clear just make sure you buy amber bulbs.

Standing out will get you pulled over faster then minor stuff like tint and what not. If you do something crazy on the outside a cop will eventually pull you over.

Like Nigel said, driving school. I have done some racing in the past but I plan on doing one of the Team O schools when I can afford it.

A 2.5RS in the GC body stands out period.

Latest posts

Back