What I did on Thanksgiving.

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
I swapped the tired stock suspension with 04 Forester XT suspension.

(Sorry for the MASSIVE pictures)

It made my wife's 98 LGT go from this:

mBXsR.jpg

tW2fu.jpg

To this:

M7RA3.jpg

RjsbI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Couple items to look at next with this swap.

CV joints now operating w/xtra angle @ new normal ride height. Some increased wear, but how much is too much I dunno.

Steering gear should handle angles in front end ok, wonder if there's some new bump

Steer brewing here tho.

Alignment: Camber is doable w/ camber bolts. Toe, it'll be interesting to see what Mike thinks will happen. Scoobs really like their toe just so (esp rear) otherwise they chew up tires pretty quick.

Must be some other MS peeps with direct experience on this, c'mon lads lets hear about it.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Very nice. It's just like putting Outback Struts on, it doesn't mess with too much. Yes, the cv axles will see a little added stress, but that's about it. You could pretty much put the camber bolts all the way in on the front and it would be good, and as for the rear, have been running my lifted Forester for a year now with no excess tire wear, and Kati's Legacy was lifted the same way as yours with no tire wear at all. Now you need some bigger tires!! You could probably fit 215 60 16's just fine, which is stock Forester size.

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Thanks everyone!!

I did think about the CVs hopefully it won't be that much added stress..

I believe she will be getting the car aligned next week hopefully. Have to give Mike in Lincolnville a ring.

I was wondering what tire size would fit. The ones in the pictures are 205 55 16 and are BALD!!...

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I love those red LGT's. Nice work, I agree on the bigger tires.

Looks really nice with those snowflakes.

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Thank you!

We're going to look around for 215 60 16s in the spring.

It's going to look funny with the 195 55 15 snow tires on it!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
You have either Outback or Forester struts right? So they should be fine. That's stock Forester size.

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes they are 04 forester struts! Is there a tire you would recommend for summer/ all season?

Latest posts

Back