What is the fastest/most fun car you have ever driven?

COSTIGAN86

I would like to see what some others have had for driving experiences. What is the fastest and/or most fun car you have driven? What car would you most like to drive?

Tyler

Evo IV GSR ...the car I would most like to have is an Arial Atom
Ariel-Atom-2-Clarkson.jpg

WOAH!
default_additional_sillylol.gif

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
90 hp subaru. dual range.
default_smile.png

not 85, not 73, must be 90 carbed.

15 inch wheels, common sense tune
default_additional_ponder.gif

test bed: 1500 miles and 24 hours.
default_woohoo.gif

and then a donut on wet pavement
default_tongue.png

and then a party, all by myself, cuz noone likes me and real math
default_biggrin.png

default_tongue.png
:gm:

default_biggrin.png

and then I ponder the past ... remember 10 seconds, wheelies, death defying window rattling destruction and know....

I am still driving the fastest car in the world...for a whole lot longer. To seriously answer anyway, it is a typical american one: simply a v8 correct (hellacious==correct) and a coupe. I have driven more than one, wooppee doo.

Last edited by a moderator:

svxsti

When I was on vacation in FL for my birthday I rented a Viper GTS and took it to a track and the drag strip. That's pretty much when I determined AWD is a must on public roads. The Viper had so much torque I could start off in 3rd gear and just leave it there around town. Full throttle accelerations were more like smoke shows, as I did not have the experience to put the power down. Although going from 60-100 on the highway over and over again made me giggle like a girl, only time that ever happened btw. Cornering was a temptation of speed and acceleration. I preferred to throw into a corner rather than accelerate out of one because I wasn't so sure I could get the tail back once it stepped out. At the end of the day I could do without the engine's drone and stayed loyal to the sound of the Vettes my dad had and the cabin got so hot with the A/C maxed that we had to keep stopping for ice creams. I swore that day that I would never own a car like that unless it was a dedicated track car after I went to all the racing schools and I don't think that's ever gonna happen unless I hit mega millions. My idea of fast has morphed into what car can go the fastest over pot holes, and the answer is the Infiniti FX my mom drives with the 295/45VR20 XL114! BFG KDW2s that I bought for her on OZ 9.5" wheels. For those of you that have ever taken 99 into Boston you would understand.

Red40oz

most fun, would be a subaru impreza sti, tastfully modded, out in idaho that a friend of my cousin owned. it was the first time driving one of the newer imprezas i think it was an 04, love at first site. fastest would be a tie between a chevy nova ex drag car, a porsche 911, and a modded m3... none of which i took anwhere past about 85, and had the same above problem in the nova, but was too scared to play with the other two.

stiXXX

Most fun?

The Porsche 928S4 was a good drive at 155mph, but IMO my STi takes the cake for fun.

The GSX1300R Hayabusa drive was insane, period.

I need to try an Evo X and see what the fuss is about-it seems it's clearly, generally, a better-performing sports car than the new STi.

I want a 911, always have.

That, and a '95 RX-7.

I won't get the Seven because of kaka economics, but the 911 is gonna' happen.

Someday.

Then, me and buying sportscars- are all done.

subydoored

hmm most fun i had in a car was my prelude all the autox and i done 140mph in it car i would like to own is the a nsx

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
A friends WRX with around 300 to the wheels, that was pretty fun, I've driven many older muscle cars and that was much better and faster! I want an STi, but I'm sure I'm just gonna dream forever on that one

padraig

Fastest car I've driven was a 98 Jetta VR6, at 120 MPH.

Fastest bike I've ridden was a 2000 Honda Superhawk.

Most fun car is my current 06 2.5i.

Although my 85 Brat was pretty damn fun too!

Pretty much any car will go over 100 these days. I think fun is driving curvy roads fast.

08WRXME

Hmm, most fun was probably my buddie's 66 Caddilac Deville. Not cause it was fast, not cause it was cool, but because you had to learn the car to drive it. she shakes, isn't a big fan of cold starts, and has drums on all corners.

I would love to rip it up in a Viper. That is my dream car, bar none. I know people think they are rough and unrefined, but that's why I like them. pure muscle. No auto tranny option, and few people have them.

COSTIGAN86

I've driven a few 07/08 Z06s and they are brutally fast. I had a customer drive one up from Florida last November when it was like 10 degrees out. I took it for a test drive and cold tires + cold pavement make it almost undriveable. In 4th gear at 40ish you could break it lose at a blip of the throttle. I have driven one in the summer- I didn't stop grinning for a week

Ariel Atom would be the most fun ever.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
My uncle used to have a 1990 M3

that was a fun car. He sold it because it was falling apart and bought a mini. Which is also fun, but not like the M3

wzrd

My second car was one of my alltime favorites,[1st car was a duel carbed 69 volvo ]A black 1969 linclon continental,suicide doors,454? big block,
default_confused.gif
I lost my ability to drive[impounded] within the first month of owning that ride.What a cool party boat she was:D.Most fun car ive owned/driven has to be a good old american muscle car, the corvette.As for year round fun:iam:I love my rex:cool:

Ty Ty

Most fun has been an Open class GC Impreza.

I wouldn't mind getting behind the wheel of an Audi R8.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
It depends on how you define fastest. Fastest top speed or quickness.

Fastest top speed would go to my 89 SHO buried the needle past 140 on 95. Potentially quickest is the 550 HP 07 STI I test drove at Miller Ford last Sept. Had race built Cosworth engine too loud but had cool built in roll cage. Not a DD
default_confused.gif
. Best all around fast car that does everything well is my 07 Spec B.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
fastest: tie between 2 911 Turbos. One was my ex-boss's car the "atomic frog" (guess color?) and the other belonged to an avid track racer from Maine Porsche club. These drives were a few years apart, hard to tell if one or the other was actually faster. Let's just say there was a lot of gas-pedal mashing, silly accel, grinning and holy ***** sort of conversation, and then panic braking as things came up the road pretty efn fast.

most fun: tie betweeen my 73 911T (how can just 140 hp be so fast n fun?), a student's built Evo rally car at Team O'Neil (the guy actually told me, "OK let's go fir it, so I had to oblige), but the clear winner has to be my dear departed GC rally car (all 195 NA hp of her in 20-some rallies, siiiiiigh.....)

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
My own car when it was acctually running was the fastest I have driven. My friends turbo civic with nitrous was the most fun.
default_confused.gif
that's sad

Latest posts

Back