What struts, fit what models

judienelson

I am looking for front struts for my 1988 Subaru GL (4 door sedan, front wheel drive). Are there any other Subaru models that have compatible struts?

outba97

Hey guys. I know this is probably a far reach now. But do any of you guys know if the rear struts from an 04 WRX will fit in my 1997 Outback. The fronts I know will. But not sure on the rear. Getting the whole set for $60AUD so it’s cheap as chips. Just don’t wanna get stuck into doing the rear and find out it’s not gonna fit. Then have the outba looking like it wants to take a nose dive into a pothole. Thanks -Travis

Muppypup

i've gotten myself into a bit of a pickle. i pulled a set of struts off a 1998 outback and have already put the rear struts onto my 2004 impreza TS, but with the front struts i need to find a way to remount the ABS cable but the outback struts dont have a place for it to go, any ideas on what i could do? Thanks

I have a 2007 Impreza 2.5i wagon with leaky rear struts but may have a complete set of KYB’s with springs from a buddy for a 1998 2.5 RS and just winding if these will work or what mods would be required?

Muppypup

I have a 2007 Impreza 2.5i wagon with leaky rear struts but may have a complete set of KYB’s with springs from a buddy for a 1998 2.5 RS and just winding if these will work or what mods would be required?
From what ive read 2004-2007 imprezas are interchangeable i dont know about 1998

Coded

A question i see often, is what struts fit on what Subarus. It usually has to do with people wanting to lift or lower their car. So I figured I'd do a little write up.

So, as a rule, any 02-07 Impreza, 95-99 Legacy or Outback, and 98-08 Forester, share the same strut bolt patterns, both top and bottom. The entire strut assembly from any of these models, will bolt right into any of the other models and years, in that list. The exception is the STi. 04 STi shares the same as all of these, but 05+ STi, does not, as they changed to 5x114 hubs on those.

Now, if you install 02-07 Impreza struts into a Forester, or an Outback, it'll lower the car roughly 2". If you install them into a 95-99 Legacy, not much will change, nut the spring rates will be different for sure.

If you want to lift your 02-07 Impreza, you can use 98-08 Forester strut assemblies, or 96-99 Outback assemblies, 95 Outback was at the regular Legacy height.

98-08 front Forester strut assemblies are all pretty much the same. but, 98-02, and 03-08 Forester rear strut assemblies, are a bit different. The rear spring perch on the 98-02 Forester is lower than the 03-08. But if you use the 98-02 rear springs in the 03-08 Forester rear struts, it'll give a little stiffer ride, and help with saggy butt. But you also need to use the 98-02 top spring plate with that combo as well. And to follow that up, the 03-08 rear Forester struts, have a higher lower spring plate, so you're able to fit larger tires with those.

96-99 Outback struts, and 03-08 Forester struts are almost the same as well, both have the higher spring plate in the rear, but the Outback springs have a lower spring rate.

Hope that helps some confusion, and doesn't add any! Feel free to add info, or ask any further questions!
Would 2003 Forrester Struts fit directly onto a 2003 Subaru Impreza TS 2.5?

suby suby doo

Hi you awesome guys and gals.
On this topic. I have a 2002 Liberty Heritage station wagon.
I'm wondering if my friends 1999 Forrester station wagon rear shock assemblies will fit the rear of my wagon? Any help is greatly appreciated.

geofftheleggy

Hello lads and lasses
I read the original post, and I’m wondering if anyone’s had experience putting 04 STi struts on a bg legacy outback, I’m trying to lower mine but I don’t have money for good coilovers, and I’m trying to go for an oem+ build. Wondering how low it’d make the car because I still want it to relatively drivable. Thanks

dizkohudhouse

I'm pretty sure this has already been asked a million times but will 07 wrx struts or coilovers fit a 99 impreza obs... any info would be appreciated

Latest posts

Back