Which coilovers for WRX?

eklo

Hi All,

I want to have my 07 Subaru Impreza WRX lowered. Main aim is to reduce body roll and to make it corner like it's "on rails". (I don't like slowing down for roundabouts...)

Any opinions? views?

Any help much appreciated.

Just doing coilovers on your car won't make it handle "like its on rails." They will reduce body roll depending on how stiff they are. One thing I have noticed is simply changing tires helps a lot.

If you are okay with a bit more of a stiffer ride then coils with a bit higher spring rate then stock should reduce body roll a bit. From there I would swap bushings in everything, Turn in Concepts is a good company, as it will stiffen the car up. Once you have done that then look into slightly larger anti-sway bars. Just remember that anything you do will increase noise, vibration, and harshness while driving. Also when winter hits you will find sliding is a lot easier, even when you don't want to.

As far as coilover brands I would recommend KW, specifically their v3 as they are fully adjustable and you can dial in your setup with them. Don't forget about a proper alignment, best if the car is corner balanced as well.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Cheap brands: BC, ISC, Raceland, Tein

Expensive brands: KW, Bilstein, ST, Flatout Suspension

Very expensive brands: DMS, Ohlin, etc.

I like my ISC's, even though they are a cheap Taiwan coil-over. I actually prefer a cheap coil-over; less money up front. With ISC's I can mail them back the blown strut to New Hampshire, and they'll fix it for $50. But yeah, upgrading the swaybars, strut bars, bracing and tires will give you the 'rails' handling you're referring to.

Jamey

Cheap brands: BC, ISC, Raceland, Tein

Expensive brands: KW, Bilstein, ST, Flatout Suspension

Very expensive brands: DMS, Ohlin, etc.

I like my ISC's, even though they are a cheap Taiwan coil-over. I actually prefer a cheap coil-over; less money up front. With ISC's I can mail them back the blown strut to New Hampshire, and they'll fix it for $50. But yeah, upgrading the swaybars, strut bars, bracing and tires will give you the 'rails' handling you're referring to.
Did you just put Raceland in the same category as bc .. really ? Lol

Jamey

I'd have to add bc customer service is top notch . Replacement shocks are 95.. just had to get 2 ..

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Did you just put Raceland in the same category as bc .. really ? Lol
Yes I did, because those are all cheap coil-overs. I feel that all the Taiwan coil-overs are pretty much the same, it's not if they blow up, but when.

Actually, let me make a new addition:

Very cheap brands: Cut springs, Racelands, Speedy Racer, etc.

Is everyone happy now?  
default_additional_neener.gif

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
To be fair, all of them will blow, some just last longer before they do. Many have had great experiences with the BC's and the ISC's. Racelands are cheaper than both of those and are notorious for blowing with very low miles, and they ride and perform worse as well. They're really only good for getting you low, while the others will actually perform decently as well. Most people don't need to spend more than a grand on their suspension, because they'll never actually use it to its full potential.

Jamey

You can get bc for around 7-900 bucks there are deals out there.. Raceland u can find for 300 or cheaper but you get what you pay for

Yes I did, because those are all cheap coil-overs. I feel that all the Taiwan coil-overs are pretty much the same, it's not if they blow up, but when.

Actually, let me make a new addition:

Very cheap brands: Cut springs, Racelands, Speedy Racer, etc.

Is everyone happy now?
default_additional_neener.gif
Have you met me ? I'm never happy
default_tongue.png

Marino

I <3 BOOST
To be fair, all of them will blow, some just last longer before they do. Many have had great experiences with the BC's and the ISC's. Racelands are cheaper than both of those and are notorious for blowing with very low miles, and they ride and perform worse as well. They're really only good for getting you low, while the others will actually perform decently as well. Most people don't need to spend more than a grand on their suspension, because they'll never actually use it to its full potential.
This is on point. I like my ISC's.. But honestly the goal with mine primarily was to go low. I never track or autox mine so the cheap(er) coils fit the bill perfectly

Latest posts

Back