Which rims to get in the spring?

Which rims would look best on my dark grey metallic 09 wrx hatch?

• Total voters

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
So I am going to go with 18 inch wheels this spring. What I need to decide is which ones! Your help will help me. My car is also going to be blacked out with tint 35% front and wicked dark in the back, so this car is going to be dark all around.

Here is what I have for ideas and pictures, and all of these are from www.tirerack.com

Also, here is a picture that somewhat resembles my car as far as color goes and body style, but no, it is not an sti.

STi.18.Dark_Gray.png

1: Black Enkei Performance EDR9

View on Vehicle

enkei_edr9_blk_ci3_l.jpg

2: Black Enkei Performance Imola

View on Vehicle

enkeiperf_imola_b_ci3_l.jpg

3: Black MOTEGI RACING MR118

View on Vehicle

motegir_mr118_b_ci3_l.jpg

4: Silver Enkei Performance EDR9

View on Vehicle

enkei_edr9_bs_ci3_l.jpg

5: Silver Enkei Performance Imola

View on Vehicle

enkeiperf_imola_bs_ci3_l.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All of the options correspond with the poll options.

Thank you for voting!!

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
so i assume so far i should go with the murdered look once i have the car tinted? should i tint the altezza tales too?

SUBARUDE

yes tint those altezza's out i don't no what they were thinking with chrome taillights on a wrx
default_eek.gif

Stein

Stein
Well if you do it, at least don't do it all black errything.

Last edited by a moderator:

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
hey nategr8ns when you gunna vote? :p

subarude, do you know how to tint the lens for the new wrx's?

GClark

I like the silver enkei.

Another thought, why just Enkei? What about Rotas?(or bbs,volk,advans,etc...)

Mark

hey nategr8ns when you gunna vote? :p

subarude, do you know how to tint the lens for the new wrx's?
little tip on tinting your tails. have someone good with vinyl just do a vinyl overlay. those are expensive tails to paint over. i plan on painting mine, but my car is 12 years old and those tails i can get for like 30 bucks.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
little tip on tinting your tails. have someone good with vinyl just do a vinyl overlay. those are expensive tails to paint over. i plan on painting mine, but my car is 12 years old and those tails i can get for like 30 bucks.

i was planning on tinting, not painting, so it would be removable. Is the lens easy to separate from the rest of the housing?

and garrett, i only picked those from tire rack and they were moderately priced(about 150 each), dont want to pay much more than that, and its hard to find used rims that aren't beat to crap. I also dont want ricey rims too. Kinda want class. unless you have another source i could look into

Mark

no, generally you can't remove the lens from a tail. if you tinted, ie used vinyl to cover it like a window, you would just take the whole tail out and work with that. the only time i've ever seen a reason to remove the lens is if you're going to use a different lens, like a clear one. in that case you have to dremel out the old lens and stick the new one in its place.

GClark

Those look good!^ Check wheeldude.com, they usually have some good deals going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue GT

I vote for none of the above options. Although those feathers look pretty good they have weak widths.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
If you don't like any of the options, post one you like here, but i don't want to spend more than $800 for a set of 4 rims. and it has to be 18 inch. I'm open for suggestions!!

Thanks for all the feedback!!!

Blue GT

Honestly i'd look for a used set on Nasioc or here or whatever other forums you frequent. Seems like you can always find someone in CT or Mass so you can drive down and meet them. As for new..... Rota obviously is a good choice but for anything 8.5" or more your paying more than $800. XXR has some wheels like the 522 that are pretty inexpensive and come with some width so you could check them out.

Some (most) don't share my view but I think if your not buying some uber light forged JDM wheel, then you might as well get an inexpensive wheel that at least fills out the wheel well. I'm not going to drop crazy money on wheels but I just don't like the looks of 18x7.5 or 18x8 wheels with high offsets sunk into the wheel well. You don't have to be hellaflush or anything just not hellasunk (imho).

Latest posts

Back