Which seats? RS or WRX

KTurner

I am thinking about replacing the seats in my old SAAB Spg with something else. The hot weather and dark gray worn leather seats just aren't doing it for me, plus they are not bolstered enough for my liking or to keep me from hanging on for dear life at an autoX (I don't think a GC lock would cut it). I was thinking about getting some RS or WRX cloth seats and swapping them in. The Saab is a two door, am I stuck with the RS seats if I want to get into the back seat? Any opinions, preferences? Are there WRX seats w/o airbags in the side? are there seat heaters :
default_smile.png
?

akinaspeedstar

check saab central, but i think you can put second gen seats in. viggen seats would be awsome, but your best bet would probaly be aftermarket seats. that way you dont need to modify the brackets too much. summit or jc whitney or even ebay you should be able to pick it up inexpensive

HR radness

His royal radness
Kevin, I have RS seats in my SS. They were dirt cheap and are pretty comfortable. I don't really like the stock WRX seats and they will make you sit higher in the car. My seats were from a two-door and they fit great, they even have a release for the passenger front seat. RS25 has them on all the time

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
9000 Aero seats.

I swapped a few sets in 900's when I worked for Swedish Solution. They go in pretty easy. I have also seen the rears adapted to fit as well.

KTurner

9000 Aero seats are one of the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in but they can be expensive to find and are leather as are the viggen seats. The AC delete thing doesn't help plus I am looking for a little more grip and less stick if you know what I mean. Recaro has exactly what I would want for a seat but I am not looking to pay for them new. I had sourced a set of RS seats for the 242 turbo (which is now for sale btw $350 engine strong, needs body love) maybe I will see is they are still available. I think Kathy had said something similar about the WRX seats. Is that an SS Impala??? Suzuki Swift?

I have definitely seen some good seat swaps on saabnet ;D

katnip

the car is black. I swear
I have wrx seats in the RS and they have the flip forward lever for access to the back seat area >
default_smile.png

inski

How'd that happen?

Because I was thinking (I know, here we go again), I like the support and looks of the WRX seats. I dont like the altitude and attitude (angle) of the WRX seats in the RS. So I was wondering if its possible to use the RS seat frames in conjuntion with the WRX seat cushions and seat covers?

akinaspeedstar

inski that's exactly how you do it.you take the frame of the GC seats and bolt the GD seats onto them... not that i've been looking this up to swap STI seats into my car so i can run harness's or anything :
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back