who rebuilds turbos?

Spiller1327

Title says it! I've got a td04 and a vf39 both with shaft play. Do people rebuild them themselves? Is their a company who rebuilds them? Are my turbos completely useless?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I'm sure it would b cheaper to find a good working one. I know it would be cheaper for the TD04, but not sure about the VF39.

Spiller1327

I got the td04 off ray for 20 bucks. So I just wanted to mess with it. Maybe rebud it and clean it and slap it on my car!

inski

We can get Garrett turbo kits at work but haven't got any mitsubishi rebuild kits but they are out there.  

Google that stuff. Its cheaper than you think.  The key is making sure the parts are all aligned correctly when re-assembling. 

02 WRX Chris

Ive seen people on Nasioc advertise they rebuilt VF39's for like 350 bucks if you mail them out.  Im sure its about the same for a TD04

Spiller1327

You the man inski! That's what I wanted to see. I'm gonna order that tomorrow! And I'm gonna search for a tread on how to tear the damn snail apart!

Apollyon12

I know I sent one of my turbo's out to someone a while back.   I think it was Grimmspeed.   They can do a P/P as well as a ceramic coating.   Not as cheap as doing it yourself though.

Spiller1327

Excellent! I've heard that porting and polishing such small snails doesn't really do a whole lot for em. I may ceramic coat the vf39 this sunmer

02 WRX Chris

Hope the turbine isn't damaged.  You can still order those too but the price on them is a bit more, hence why the rebuilds are around 350.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
once you take it apart you will need to send it out and get it balanced after you put it back together. unbalanced turbos dont live long.

Matt

Don't know.... But after the rebuild, time, balancing you might as well just buy a used one. Just saying

Latest posts

Back